Hydroboost brakes from 84 Regal

LIVE4RDO

Hey crowd.

While the car is apart, I'm coming up with more crazy ideas.

I have a perfectly working vacuum brakes system, but...

I looked on Rockauto and all factory pieces and hoses are available from 1984 Regal with Diesel engine, which came with Hydroboost. Should I?

Parts I was going to get:

New power steering pump (I need one anyway) that has extra outlet for hydroboost

New hoses

New hydroboost unit

New master cylinder

Am I missing anything?

Anyone done this?

What pedal do I use? Powermaster or vacuum?

I'm not a big fan of aftermarket units, but if I can have a factory looking system, why not!

IMG_2777.PNG
IMG_2778.PNG
IMG_2779.PNG

After changing to hydra boost your vacuum brakes will scare the hell out of you when you find out how much they sucked!

the master cylinder is not hydra boost specific. I think I just got one from a 1983 turbo regal.
CARDONE SELECT 131984 {#18009373, 18010591} w/ Reservoir Info
with Hydroboost
Not sure but i think this is it from Rock Auto

it is. I've seen other members with Hydra boost that have nice looking Wildwood master cylinders.

I wonder if I can use this master.

IMG_0959.JPG

Or an oldet style cast iron one, that's less Ford Model T looking

Hey crowd.

While the car is apart, I'm coming up with more crazy ideas.

I have a perfectly working vacuum brakes system, but...

I looked on Rockauto and all factory pieces and hoses are available from 1984 Regal with Diesel engine, which came with Hydroboost. Should I?

Parts I was going to get:

New power steering pump (I need one anyway) that has extra outlet for hydroboost

New hoses

New hydroboost unit

New master cylinder

Am I missing anything?

Anyone done this?

What pedal do I use? Powermaster or vacuum?

I'm not a big fan of aftermarket units, but if I can have a factory looking system, why not!

Vacuum brakes suck balls! Anybody ever tells you that vacuum is just as good or even better, than they don't know their pie-hole from their a-hole...... I have a corvette master cylinder if your interested. I'm using a Baer. Also, you should use steel breaded lines.

I might
Vacuum brakes suck balls! Anybody ever tells you that vacuum is just as good or even better, than they don't know their pie-hole from their a-hole...... I have a corvette master cylinder if your interested. I'm using a Baer. Also, you should use steel breaded lines.

I might. You have a picture? It's compartible with 84 Regal hydroboost?

Looks like i'm going to get rid of my Corvette/ModelT Master for a rebuilt one from Kirban. I always hated the way that looked but damn it stops the car.

Only downside to that hydroboost unit is that there isn't an accumulator. Lose the P/S pump and you lose the brakes.

RemoveBeforeFlight