You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My 'puter is acting crazy and won't let me compare stuff on Napa, etc. Are these hydroboost units that fit our cars the same as for the chevy diesel trucks, like an 84 K30? Are any of those parts interchangeable?

I didn't notice but the one i posted has four studs coming out should i just cut them off and drill holes for the existing pm studs?

My 'puter is acting crazy and won't let me compare stuff on Napa, etc. Are these hydroboost units that fit our cars the same as for the chevy diesel trucks, like an 84 K30? Are any of those parts interchangeable?

Any hydroboost system will work as long as it will bolt up and clear the hood. Do a search on here tb.com. Plenty of threads already discusing this.

I didn't notice but the one i posted has four studs coming out should i just cut them off and drill holes for the existing pm studs?

The powermaster has 2 bolts to the adapter plate. The adapter plate has 4 bolts that bolt through the firewall. If you crawl under the dash, you can see them. Unbolt those 4 and pull the pm and adapter plate as one unit.

The new one will bolt right up.

Thats where I got my booster and master cylinder from. The swap is pretty straight forward my only piece of advice is to take your booster and drill out the hole in the arm. The bit I used barely took any off of it but it went from being nearly impossible to get the arm and pedal lined up to slide on to being easy.

Back