You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

5280GN

I converted my brakes to a astro van hydroboost setup yesterday. The brakes work great but the pedal is slow to return to the up position. Its like the system doesn't have enough pressure. I bleed all the air out of the system. Any ideas???

Did you bleed both the powersteering and the brake systems? What about making sure the power steering system has the correct amount of fluid in it, no bubbles and such.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Power steering has no bubbles in it. I used GM power steering fluid in the system. I bench bleed the master cylinder but that shouldn't have anything to do with pedal return.

So , the bench bleed went well, did you bleed the rest of the system? Is the pedal spongy? Does the pedal go to the floor without much braking?

Didn't bleed the rest of the braking system. The pedal feels pretty good. The pedal doesn't go to floor with no braking. It stops in a hurry, I can lock them up. I think it's the return from the booster to the res. I am going to plumb a new one in and see what that gets me.

Did you make any progress? You definitely need to bleed the lines also. If you replumb the return, make the return path as clean as possible. I used a brass T and pointed it toward the firewall as shown:
tee-installed2.jpg

Excuse the messy engine bay. I detailed it and freshened it up after this project was done. :)

It could also be the booster itself if you are going with remans like Cardone. You never know what you are going to get out of the box with those.

Yea the return was plumbed differently and I'm going to change it. I got an aluminum reservoir with 2 returns and I'm going to re do the lines with Teflon lines instead of rubber. The booster I got is a custom bosch unit. I went through 2 cardone pumps and never again. Thanks for the help!

Back