You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost pedal feel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
Anyone who has made the swap care to comment on what the pedal feel is like? I bled the system like crazy, but the pedal is very hard. The car stops pretty consistently, but I can't get the brakes to lock up either.

All parts were new, but I haven't replaced the rear wheel cylinders or front brake lines yet. Any ideas?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Did you activate the block on the frame while you were bleeding? Did you replace the old brake fluid? Were you getting good flow when bleeding?
Did you keep the reservoir full so it didn't draw air while bleeding?
What about the power Steering side? Did you burp it and keep the reservoir full?

I would characterize the pedal feel as firm. It stops better than it ever did before(I'm the original owner).
It stops well.

Pedal feel should be firm. Your lack of ability to lock the brakes up could be a number of things.....pads, rotors (if new, are they degreased), etc. High metallic pads wont stop as quickly, but will last longer. Low metallic pads have more grab but wear easier. Heated, warped, or uncleaned rotors will make a slick clamping surface.

Haven't made any progress yet as I have the motor apart changing rockers and timing chain. I'll keep you guys posted though. I appreciate the suggestions.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back