You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I recently changed out power steering and steering box with new Lee stuff. Also installed a remote reservoir and Wilwood 1.125" master cylinder. I did not make schematic of hose layout before I tore into the job. So, now I have a mess. I have brakes but pedal will go to floor if I push medium hard and brake light comes on. Not sure if I have a plumbing error or what. Anyone got idea?
Conrad

Attachments

I guess my first question is are you sure the pump is the correct one with the smooth pulley and reverse rotation required for the turbo regal?
I think the schematic looks right but ill have to look at mine to be sure.
Have you "burped" the air out of the power steering system? Look in the reservoir and see if you have bubbles. I had the front wheels up and with engine running went lock to lock several times to get the air out and adding fluid to keep the system full. Make sure the fluid is circulating in the system.
Have you bled the brakes and gotten all the air out. I opened bleeders until I got good new fluid then bled them again. These cars are old and if the fluid hasn't been flushed there could be a lot of junk in the system.
Keep at it and let us know.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
As sure as I can be. Talked with owner of Lee and told him what I was doing. He actually clued me in on the smooth (reverse rotation) vs grooved (standard rotation) so surely he got it right. Since power steering is operating great, I have assumed pump was turning correct direction. Is that not a valid assumption?
Conrad

Would be to me. Did you cycle the steering to get the air out of the system? Does it look like the system is circulating fluid? A falling pedal is a master cylinder problem in my experience. Have you bled the brakes? Gotta get all the air out or it will have a mushy pedal. Did you bleed the mc before installation?

Circulating fluid. Bled brakes & m/c. Bled steering. Have a hydraulic leak at steering box. Will fix that tomorrow.

This how I have it plumbed up. See anything wrong?
Conrad
Circulating fluid. Bled brakes & m/c. Bled steering. Have a hydraulic leak at steering box. Will fix that tomorrow.

Attachments

Back