You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost unit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Martin U

Anyone know where I can get a new or rebuilt unit for my 84? All the people at the parts stores just say I can't get one! I wonder about them people???
I'm also going to post in the hot-air section
Mart

I work for Napa Auto Parts and I just checked and they are no longer available so we dont carry them anymore. We used to and we still show the part# for them, but if you try to search it, it doesnt exist. Im not sure who else would have them if autoparts stores and GM have stopped carrying them.

Great! I was down at my local NAPA,I called first and they said I could get one.when I got there with money,nope It turns out that I would have to send the unit to Cardone and have it rebuilt by them.....Parts guy said 2 months wait.
Mart

We still show it on The Official NAPAonline.com E-commerce Site | Home Page so you might try ordering it there and see if you can get it. Here is the part#527211 That is the same part# I show in the store, but no matter how I try to find it, it wont come up. The only thing I can think of is that I might have to call our distributor direct to see if we can get it directly from them.

Yeah cardone is who makes them and that may be the only way to get one is to send them your unit and wait for them to rebuild it.

i have a 85 gn that has this brake system on it. if you need another one to send out or if you want to install this unit.i'll take $75 plus shipping

Thanks TurboPower,
I did get one from a guy on another board used. He was driving it when it was totaled (hope it wasn't the brakes) BUT I did resend the order to parts america/autozone and so for so good. The online order says it is in "transit" last time it said it was in "process" we'll see. I hope so. I'll keep one one the shelf.
I also recieved a response from Cardone
"We do show a part # 52-7211 for the application you provided. This unit could be purchased through a distributor that carries this line with us. They would also be able to give you availability and pricing information."
So we can still get them...for now Now for a piece of the Lear Fabric.
Mart

Hydroboost Conversion

Our Company, Power Brake Service, Is The Special Distributor For Bosch. Bosch Is The Successor To Bendix Power Brake Division. We Have Been Performing Brake Conversions For 57 Years. Our Favorite Is The Hydroboost System. We Are Installing Them On Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, F350's, Suburbans, Jeeps, And So On. It Solves The Old Muscle Car Problem Of Low Vacuum, And Valve Cover Clearance Issues. On The G.n.'s, The Hydroboost Conversion That Replaces The Powermaster System, Is A Bolt-on Kit. With The H/b, Guys Are Reporting Up To 22lbs Of Manifold Pressure, With Just Their Foot On The Brake! We Use New Units. Some Of The Older H/b's Had Internal Accumulators, And Will Not Rebuild Well, As The Spool Valve Bore Will Not Hold Pressure. Bendix Dropped That Design 20 Years Ago. There Some Photos In The Website Of Some Assorted H/b Conversions. It Is "powerbrakesonlinedotcom" We Have That 84 H/b New.

Our Company, Power Brake Service, Is The Special Distributor For Bosch. Bosch Is The Successor To Bendix Power Brake Division. We Have Been Performing Brake Conversions For 57 Years. Our Favorite Is The Hydroboost System. We Are Installing Them On Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, F350's, Suburbans, Jeeps, And So On. It Solves The Old Muscle Car Problem Of Low Vacuum, And Valve Cover Clearance Issues. On The G.n.'s, The Hydroboost Conversion That Replaces The Powermaster System, Is A Bolt-on Kit. With The H/b, Guys Are Reporting Up To 22lbs Of Manifold Pressure, With Just Their Foot On The Brake! We Use New Units. Some Of The Older H/b's Had Internal Accumulators, And Will Not Rebuild Well, As The Spool Valve Bore Will Not Hold Pressure. Bendix Dropped That Design 20 Years Ago. There Some Photos In The Website Of Some Assorted H/b Conversions. It Is "powerbrakesonlinedotcom" We Have That 84 H/b New.

Bob,
Does the system have some sort of reserve? I was wondering what happens if the car stalls; will I still have brakes.
Thanks,
Jeff

Back