You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost vs. Vacuum brakes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8ttype4

I am in the midst of doing an '87 GN engine swap into my '84 T-Type, and I was wondering what the best course of action would be to install a braking

system. I want a good, reliable set-up and I will eventually be swapping the front callipers to either LS1, or S-10's as well as converting the rear drums to

some sort of disk. Basically I would like to get an idea of cost vs benefit for either installing a Hydroboost system, Vacuum, or manual set-up for my application in

terms of performance, cost, and difficulty of installation.

Thanks in advance for any and all information!

I am in the midst of doing an '87 GN engine swap into my '84 T-Type, and I was wondering what the best course of action would be to install a braking

system. I want a good, reliable set-up and I will eventually be swapping the front callipers to either LS1, or S-10's as well as converting the rear drums to

some sort of disk. Basically I would like to get an idea of cost vs benefit for either installing a Hydroboost system, Vacuum, or manual set-up for my application in

terms of performance, cost, and difficulty of installation.

Thanks in advance for any and all information!

Please do a search, this topic as well as which oil to use has been beat to death. I like vac myself. Did swap no problems for over 3 years on a DD

Since my car came with a vacuum system that pulled vacuum off of the power steering pump, could I use my intake manifold as a vacuum source with a check valve?

Since my car came with a vacuum system that pulled vacuum off of the power steering pump, could I use my intake manifold as a vacuum source with a check valve?

If you have a line off the power steering pump you have hydroboost already. I would just leave it.

+1 on the Hydroboost.

Is your car an original turbo car?? If so, it should already have the Hydroboost setup as mentioned above....Leave it if this is the case...

Back