You can type here any text you want

hydroboost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

I need help fabricating a mounting bracket to the firewall on my 1987 GN to adapt a newer truck model hydroboost unit. any one done this yet ? I know the Tinman said that he used a powermater bracket but I did not understand what he had to do to it .Thanks ED

I think it must depend on what hydroboost unit you get. I bought the "kit" from Hydratech, and the unit I got bolts directly to the firewall. The bracket that held the powerbastard is not used. I believe my hydroboost comes from a Silverado, but I'm not sure. I know this, though. Removing that bracket is a big old pain in the tail. The bolts are through the firewall from the inside, up under the dash. Wiring is in the way, the seat is in the way, the steering column is in the way. And some claim to do the whole swap in a few hours! Not me, boy. I'm in pain from standing on my head under the dash, and I still have to go back to fix things I messed up, like the wiring to my ScanMaster.

Back