I am going to build a new home

KnightRider said:
Are building the house your self or hiring it done?

I built mine myself, so I know what you are getting to go through. You might want to get your divorce papers written up ahead of time!LOL!!!

you beat me to it :p

Grumpy said:
you beat me to it :p

Like 2 years ago :eek:
June 3rd, 2003, 04:51 PM

Seems like about the same time when you posted getting your doors blown off by a new 03 cobra... Hey now that was a long time ago! I thought the picture was decieving, how did we know it was actually a cobra that blew them off? ;)
BW

TT/Ameasap said:
1yr later Again and the house has doubled in value...I knew it would go up.... My property is #1 in the nation!!! I am selling. :cool:

My wife and I are in our early to mid 20's and will be able to afford what we dreamed of and OWN it! :cool:

Kinda like winning the lotto :eek: :cool:

What about everyone else? I hope you guys are doing well also.

Bought my 3.3 acres in 4-02 for 55k. It is now worth 400k :eek: I am selling 1.25 of it (the smallest lot size i am zoned for) now for 190k.I will be paying the property off completely and building a big a$$ 3000 square foot shop to boot.

He he... can't wait!

Vic

AZ Vic said:
Bought my 3.3 acres in 4-02 for 55k. It is now worth 400k :eek: I am selling 1.25 of it (the smallest lot size i am zoned for) now for 190k.I will be paying the property off completely and building a big a$$ 3000 square foot shop to boot.

He he... can't wait!

Vic

Where are you building? I am an hvac foreman, and I like the one post about buying the workers coffee and donuts.You'd be surprised how much respect that will get you from the people building your house. Yes, there are 10,000 details. The last house I worked on was 13,000 sq ft and has 7 heating and ac systems to keep track off. :eek: I think that bid alone was 80k. :)

Big Stu said:
Where are you building? I am an hvac foreman, and I like the one post about buying the workers coffee and donuts.You'd be surprised how much respect that will get you from the people building your house. Yes, there are 10,000 details. The last house I worked on was 13,000 sq ft and has 7 heating and ac systems to keep track off. :eek: I think that bid alone was 80k. :)

Here in AZ - it will be a red iron and steel building - about 40' by 80'. It will run about 30k w/o any electric work. I will be building it myself.

As far as A/C, I will be putting 5 evaps on it and that will do me fine. I don't want the electric bill of a full A/C system on it.

Even IF I will be spending more time in it than my home :D

Big Stu said:
The last house I worked on was 13,000 sq ft and has 7 heating and ac systems to keep track off. :eek: I think that bid alone was 80k. :)
Now why woulod someone install 7 different units ,why not just use one or two larger AHU and zone it off ...

Probably for several reasons, space, feasability of actually getting ducts from point A to point B, reliabilty (if you have 7 units, one goes down, no biggie, you have 1 or 2 units, one goes down, big problem), etc. 13,000 sq. feet would require alot of cooling, that would be some commercial type stuff to handle the load, since every manufacturer I know of stops at 5 tons for residential equipment. I'm sure theres advantages both ways.

This thread depresses me, I have accumulated about $35K in equity in my house in the 5 or 6 years I've lived here without doing much work to it and was feeling good about it but you guys are really making out well. Sigh........ :(

Jeeeezeee that took awhile for some pics.... cant wait for the next batch this summer ;)

Nice house man!
BW