I am Now A Believer

tom robison

ALL UP IN THEM GUTZ
Guys, I put a converter in my Tsm car that was way to tight to spool, and after messing with Kevin B at the track and his E85 adventure he talked me into doing a test between race gas and e85. Here is were it all started.

We brought my car up on the pipe with race fuel and the best we could get was 18 sec to spool. We cleaned the lines out of race fuel and put 5 gallons of e85, changed the injecter sizes from 95lbs to 70lbs and tried again. Just changing the fuel we cut the spoll time in half, and messed with the tune alittle and got it to 6 sec spool time.

With not enough time till the bpg to tune the car I went back to race fuel and was having alot of trouble to get it on the pipe so I changed back to e85 yesterday. I took the car to lonnie lasst night for some help on the spool up again, changed to 160lb injectors, changed the injecter size in my gen 7 to 125lbs, took 2* of timming out from 20lbs of boost and went to the track.

All Passes were at 21* of timing, 71hpq and tsm legal

1. 10.50 @ 130.15 24lbs of boost 1.52 60ft
2. 10.60 @ 136.63 27lbs of boost 1.82 60ft spun real bad
3. 10.06 @ 137.61 27lbs of boost 1.62 60ft spun
4. 9.67 @ 138.71 29lb in first and second 29ib in third 1.38 60ft spun after 60 ft when full boost hit
5. pushed a intake gasket

I do not do alot of tuning on the car, I leave that up to Lonnie And Kevin, But I think I did OK today. I hope to get some more passes in before Bpg to keep up.

Awesome! Wish I could have been there. I bet there is a lot left in it too.

Toms engine is a 234" built by him in his garage and has run a bunch of 9.6's already on 118 fuel. To do it on pump e85 is awesome ;)

Was a good day at the Lingenfelter track rental at muncie dragway. I am sure there is a ton left on the table with me tuning it.LOL

I am wondering how fast anyone has been on e85. 9.60s has to be one of the fastest E85 Buicks.

Jason now ya let the cat out of the bag and chit talker told me that you said we had to keep it quite damm.lol lol.

Tommy Kick ass dude.congrats I was there today.seen it watched it coooooooooooooooooooooool

E85 is as good if not better than C16, you just have to know how to handle it.

We are slowly figuring it out. There is not too much info out there for buick v6s and e85 in a max effort setup. I talked to a few people and got a few different ideas plus hours and hours of internet research and about 50 passes on my own car. Its coming along but to see toms car put down a good number shows we are starting to get it down:cool:

Its coming along but to see toms car put down a good number shows we are starting to get it down:cool:

Just go out and get it done. Pow Pow Tom got it done.

Stop thinking about some things, Looking at some stuff, researching, Talking about it, thinking a little more about some things and just dic-in around in general. LOL :biggrin:

I couldn't help it.

Just go out and get it done. Pow Pow Tom got it done.

Stop thinking about some things, Looking at some stuff, researching, Talking about it, thinking a little more about some things and just dic-in around in general. LOL :biggrin:

I couldn't help it.

hahaha...I was waiting for that. Tom ain't afraid to break anything because he likes working on his car way too much. Me....well I've gotten lazy this year lol

hahaha...I was waiting for that. Tom ain't afraid to break anything because he likes working on his car way too much. Me....well I've gotten lazy this year lol

I hate working on this car, everthing is a pain in the azz. You are right about not being afraid of breaking it, its only money and ya can't be scared of it.