You can type here any text you want

I Broke something

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cobia245

Ok I need some help I made a big mistake hooking my XFI up to a boost solenoid. I am using a Casper’s adapter so the solenoid hooks up to the factory wires. Well I tested the boost wires and I had 14vdc on both wires so at that point all was good. Well that’s were it all went bad the solenoid was bad so I pulled it off the car and was taping up the leads when I dropped one and it grounded to the intake ( key was in the on position so lead was still hot) it sparked and I heard a relay click. After all that all seemed ok other than the boost leads are dead and the torque converter does not lock up. I sent the ECU to Fast and they said the ECU is ok but I don’t know what blew that’s left the boost and t.c. lockup dead. I don’t have a wire diagram but there has to be something in-between the ECU and the boost solenoid because the ECU pin C8 go’s to ground when activated and the solenoid leads are 12v. So if someone could point me in the right direction or a wire diagram of the boost circuit or the t.c. lockup circuit I would appreciate it. Thank in advance for any help.

No worries! (hopefully)
Sounds like you just blew the 10 amp ecm/sol fuse that controls your lockup solenoid and wastegate solenoid. (top right of fuse box I think)
Replace and enjoy....

Hey WSLN you were right the fuse was blown that should fix it. I did check the fuses that night but i did not know that was the one for the solenoid so i said i check all of them but i guess not that well. So I guess all's well that ends well and thank you for help.

Back