I decided to fabricate airdam vents for oil coolers

Thanks guys. It's not much but it's the least i can do for all the help this site has given me.

I like making stuff.

When i'm done and have some time maybe i'll do a write up on it with parts, measurements and specs if someone wants to build a set.

D

thank you. It's been at a stand still right now. I'm waiting for my engine to come back from the shop and a black GN bumper. when i get it all together i will definitely take fresh pictures and post it all up.

D

WOW! It's almost been a year since i started this thread. How time flies!

I've spent the last 10 months dealing with my engine and tranny build and now they are installed in the car and it's time to finish these coolers.

I've removed the chrome bumpers and am having my friend repaint the bumpers and fillers in black since the coolers are mounted to two bumper bolts. This way it'll be ready to paint the rest of the car.

The car is black BUT :eek: you can see the original SILVER to the left of the oil filter in a couple of the pictures. Do i keep it black or return to the original Silver?

If i go silver i was going to leave the engine bay black. Any suggestions?

Now, in these photos you will see how i had to relocate the TURBO SAVER oil filter. The Tranny cooler is taking up the space where it originally was under the passenger lights.

I had to make a specially shaped bracket so i could mount it to the plastic under where the battery goes.

I also made a metal bracket for the inside so the plastic would not crack.

The tie downs are temporary until i decide how to make a bracket to make a tripod so it is stable.

In one picture you can see the two holes where the oil filter was originally located right above. The tie downs are actually going through the left hole.

I will have more pictures in the next few days as i finish this.

I've been drinking so there was no proof reading or spell check used :D

D

Attachments

• cooler 1.jpg
    cooler 1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 734
  • cooler 3.jpg
    cooler 3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 705
  • cooler 5.jpg
    cooler 5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 695
  • cooler 7.jpg
    cooler 7.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 720
Coolers are installed for the last time. I hope. Now i'm waiting on the bumper, the fillers and the bezels to come back from painting. I do need some advice on how to properly wire the fans. any help would be appreciated.

D

Attachments

• 2011-07-17_20.33.11.jpg
    2011-07-17_20.33.11.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 634
Nice job

I wonder if instead of using the front airdam and create a scoop, use a NACA duct behind the airdam sucking air from bellow and exiting thru the fender.

A fan will provide cooling in stop or low speed conditions.

Opinions, ideas?

The source for black screen (mesh) is brilliant!
Conrad

Thank you.

I tried to upload a pic from this weekend so you could see them on the car but this site is having issues uploading pics.

I've tried for my Ma, PC and phone to no avail.
with safari and firefox.

The motor has been put back together and the car is running great.

Very strong. The Trans is on it's way out though. I'll either buy a fresh one or have this one looked at.

D

Cool setup, I've seen it in person, what up with the trans? Still making that noise?

Thanks. They work pretty good too.

Yep. Trans still bad. We went on a 100 mile round trip ride and it got a little worse.

It's gonna sit till spring now.

I'll worry about it then.

D

Here's my order info from them.
Part: 25525980*
Category: All
Description: DEFLECTOR
Min.Qty: 1
Unit Price: $53.84
Quantity: 1
Ext.Price: $53.84
Core Charge: $0.00