I did not wipe a cam.

87GNSteve

Just another pretty face....
Something in this picture is missing can you see what it is?

:mad:

Attachments

• missing.jpg
    missing.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 348
did it tear anything up?or did the plug just rattle around in there

Dropped into the oil pan.
Well Ill be upgrading my cam afterall, But Im going to remove those plugs and tap for 1/4in NPT.
I never had a cam go so I was surprised it went so "suddenly".:eek: although the cam did show some premature wear it wasnt enough to have an effect on drivability.

Npt

That hole takes a 3/8 NPT and it takes some patience to grind them down correctly so as to not block oil flow to drivers side.

Get the screw in oil gallery plugs from TA Performance...the one is already milled to the perfect thickness so it doesn't block oil flow...just have to tap the holes out...

Go REAL slow when tapping the hole. Too deep and you will have problems. It is a real shallow tap. Do not go very deep. Just get it going, and remove the tap and try the plug. Keep going a little bit at a time.

Go REAL slow when tapping the hole. Too deep and you will have problems. It is a real shallow tap. Do not go very deep. Just get it going, and remove the tap and try the plug. Keep going a little bit at a time.

I did it yesterday. I have done them before, but it was when I was working at a machine shop.
I had to drive ALL over town to buy a Tap and plug!
Wound up using a plug I had in an mothballed 109 I have, because the new one I bought was too long.
I also used the "grease in the tap flutes trick" so the metal chips stick to the tap, and clean up is easier.

My machine shop tapped mine too deep so we has some oversize plugs made. Man what a nightmare this was.

Jim