I Do Paintjobs!

Originally posted by 87natl
John, I'm gonna have to roll over there and see ya when I finally get my car down here from VA. Got any special kinda paint that will handle this FLA heat? ;)

Sure, any quality basecoat/clearcoat acrylic urethane, applied properly, will last for many years, if taken care of. ;)

Originally posted by 49-blues
What would a ballpark figure be for an average condition GN?

A ballpark figure is $4K to $5K. I remove bumpers, hood, trunk, doors, trim, sail glass and re-assemble after polishing. Do my best to straighten before painting. Apply a lot of paint, and block sand a bunch off, the right way. Result is dead straight, mirror finish that turns heads. Not your average show job. Don't ask me to do half-ass. Unfortunately, pictures don't do my GN's paint justice. And, my next job will be better than my last because that's my mindset. ;)

Sounds good. I've been doing paint jobs for about 20 years myself, 2 - 4 a year, but up in VA I had a nice shop to work in to do my work, and all of my equipment. Used to like the ChromaSystems, myself. I've gotten rid of all of it when I moved here. I will definitely be giving you a holler this summer/fall.

Mike

BTW - My car is in VEY nice condition. A few little dings and scratches is all. But she could use a freshening up.

I was very impressed with your paint work. I'd like to get together and have you take a look at my TR. I'll try to catch up to you at the Largo Cruise.

John is the man

your getting mine after I get this racing crap out of my blood this weekend. Gonna need it for more than a few weeks though. I hear you have a need 4 speed :)

I have a WH1 which is ID'd by it's gun metal grey sides among other things but the signature of a WH1 is the 2 tone paint. Can you match the original paint?....

T