I don't understand the "Grandpa car" dig at the GN

Re: Grandapa car

Originally posted by BBBAD86GN
Most people I have encountered that make these sort of comments are jealous folks and people with me to cars like mustangs, Chevelle's and ricers....
F em all......

Ray:eek:

My exact thoughts F'em all!!! :mad: If they do not understand, I am certainly not going to explain it to their dumb a@#!!!

Like I have always said,"If you can't drive a Buick, it is'nt worth going!!!" :D

Anything bigger than a shoebox is considered a GRANDPA car.

Since the G body is big to a cavalier, honda, etc it is a Grandpa car.

But in its day the G body's were actually small compared to other 80's brands like a crown vic, Chevy chase wagon, Impala.

You can have the shoe or ShiX box cars. I drove in my brotherinlaws HYDAI Elantra. Fist thing out of my mouth is what a noisy hunk o Krapper his car was. The ride suked. Everything Suked.

I will keep my 4 door GRANDPA OLDS 88 LS. :p

grandpa car"

what is a grandpa car,? i am a great grandfather and i have a turbo t race car, and a old vette roadster that i have owned for 34 years, i even own and ride a old harley along with four wheelers and snowmobiles and some times i ride my quarter horse. but h= im not old its just that i was born a long time ago. what bugs me is old men that never drove a real car are allways bragging about old hemi motors of the mid sixties i was at a cruise in and was talking about my six banger race car and a dumb=a started talking about a hemi dodge setting there he said what would you do if he wanted to race your car i said i would blow his doors off, they laffed but they wouldnt race my car now that made me mad, there are a lot of people in their sixties that race buicks, i was born in 1940 , dont call me old, nick and john are older than i am. life is great being old and cant drive a race car now that would be bad. have a happy holiday, :)

Re: grandpa car"

Originally posted by odell4o8
what is a grandpa car,? i am a great grandfather and i have a turbo t race car, and a old vette roadster that i have owned for 34 years, i even own and ride a old harley along with four wheelers and snowmobiles and some times i ride my quarter horse. but h= im not old its just that i was born a long time ago. what bugs me is old men that never drove a real car are allways bragging about old hemi motors of the mid sixties i was at a cruise in and was talking about my six banger race car and a dumb=a started talking about a hemi dodge setting there he said what would you do if he wanted to race your car i said i would blow his doors off, they laffed but they wouldnt race my car now that made me mad, there are a lot of people in their sixties that race buicks, i was born in 1940 , dont call me old, nick and john are older than i am. life is great being old and cant drive a race car now that would be bad. have a happy holiday, :)

I have to agree with ya odell !! Comments about the "grandpa car" thing, doesn't bother me. I'm 43, retired, have raise 4 sons, 3-in their mid to late teens, 1- in his early twentys. Yes, i'm also a new "Grand Father" and very proud of that fact !! I can do what I want, when I want ! I'm still young enough to start a second career if I want to. I drive my 86 T Type as often as weather permits. I get all kinds of nice comments from my son's friends concerning my car. my son has asked if I would bring my car in for one of their classes this spring. He want's to show these kids about technology and innovations of the performance car industry in the 80's and compare that to todays standards. So this is a "Good" thing that's being taught to the ill informed and misunderstood younger generation !! There are plenty of serious, up and coming younger auto techs and gear heads that will know what our cars were all about. Any way.....the grandpa image is OK by my standards. Doesn't bother me in the least. Besides,.....Talk is cheap, and to the ill informed....it just makes them look stupid. Especially when I see that stupid looking "WTF" look on their face when the pedal gets mashed to the floor !!!

Re: grandpa car"

Originally posted by odell4o8
........... dont call me old, nick and john are older than i am. life is great being old and cant drive a race car now that would be bad. have a happy holiday, :)

How did I get brought into this?:confused:

OK, I bought my first T-Type in 1986 which makes it older than many of our members! :)

Lots of us "mature" owners have taken our V-6's to the track and shown the big-block V-8's and the imports a steady view of the rear end of a Buick.:D

Still enjoy my street-driver white T showing a Mustang, Camero or import how to leave a light or stop sign. The "grandpa" term takes on a new meaning then. :cool:

Yeah, the "WTF" look is great!

I agree. I bought my GN new in 1986 and that spring I took it to the 1/8 strip at Piedmont and bone stock beat a Firebird 400 in my first race when I was learning to launch it. Then I spanked every stock Mustang there, and it got so bad by the end of the day the were huddled around my car looking for the NOS and in total disblief that it was a SIX banger. I fell in love with my "grandpa" car that day. 18 Years later I "am" a Grandpa and I am still running everything that moves from a stop light in my grandpa car.