You can type here any text you want

I Guess I Need A New Chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heath

Elroyjr
I changed my cam and turbo. I went from a 210-205 to a 221-218. The turbo is 70 p-trim,and I had a te-61. The car idles good but if you get just a little boost it will cough or just run a little rough. Sometimes it fills like it starts missing then it corrects itself.

I am going to start checking grounds to see if that is the problem. Ya'll can chime in anytime.

Well, the cam and the bigger turbo will allow more air flow, but if your injectors stayed the same during that swap, your old chip should be fine up to 12-15# of boost at a minimum as the air should still be able to be metered fine and the MAF reading translates to how much fuel it gets. Only if you are exceeding the max MAF reading then does fueling come down to the PE tables, which would need to be increased (new chip) when changing the cam or turbo.
I bet you have a weak coil or ignition module, bad plug wire or something ignition related. For some reason, weak ignitions start showing themselves when a bigger turbo is bolted on, mine did the same thing...would hit 15# and pop thru the intake when I used to run 20# on a smaller turbo fine.....new coil fixed my problem.

Back