You can type here any text you want

I had to save face

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboost

A guy that used to live in my home town had moved down to Texas to work for Cotton Performance and had now moved back for another job. While I was going down the road talking to him he said the mustang (87 5.0) in front of us had told him at the gas station that we had ran before and he had won (which we did run before in October and he got the jump from a 10mph roll but by the time I was at the top of 2nd I went flying by him). So me being next to this guy who had worked on Turbo Buicks and the mustang in front of us I had to save face. So I pulled up next to him and you could tell he was in first gear by the way his engine was screaming. The road was clear for a while so we both punched it from a 25mph roll. My back end kicked out about 5 feet as I pulled 3 car lengths in 5 seconds. He later tried it again with the same result but my back end stayed under me this time. I don't think he knows that when its cold out to not mess with a Turbo buick. My scanmaster was saying that my air temp was 18* which means its definitley racing weather.

nice kill, but i think you mean CONLEY's performance? not cotton....down in texass

dan

Your right, I thought sounded weird when I said it to myself. Maybe I was thinking of the Cotton Bowl:)

Hey Turboost, you wouldn't happen to be talking about Jeff would you? If so he's a great guy and tell him the guys down in Houston say hello.

If you could do me a favor, tell Jeff that I (Jeff A.) said "to steer clear of dirty queen." I think he'll know what I mean.

Back