I haven't touched my 84 with a wrench in 3 years !

rattrod30

A$$hole
The thing is pretty darn reliable ! We do a couple cruise nights a year,the local car show and the odd summer drive here and there, 600 miles maybe in the time span. This year,being an 84,it can go to Iola old car show (a BIG deal in Wisconsin) and my sons wedding that is vintage/automobilia themed(they are giving dash plaques to the attendees,LOL). I'm sure no one gives a hoot about all this . I'm just eager to start improving the car and glad the forums are still strong as ever. If only it was not -15 in the garage.

Always up for a couple of pics of a good 84 LS interior ;)

this thread is lies... we all know that these cars can't be driven more than 20 miles without rebuilding something- engine, trans, rearend...

Start your improvements by re-covering those seats. And get a heater in that garage.

seats don't make it run better or faster... in fact, torn upholstery can be a good thing while you are tweaking and tuning- would suck to get grease stains on your brand new $1000 seat covers when you take the car out on a test run after tweaking something under the hood..

I do hate the look of the torn seat covers but had the exact thought novaderrik shared. May as well do them later to not have to worry about them getting dirty. The car is a peg leg so first thing is going to be a locker. I have never been able to spool it up and truly see how it would take off from a stop ! I just get wheel spin,not that that isn't fun but not real productive. I have no idea what fuel pump is in it , it's loud as hell and rises and falls with the blinkers so i'll check that out ,maybe replace and definitely hot wire it along with new fuel filter . Then I need to upgrade to 86-7 computer ,maf as i want a Scanmaster and install a knock and boost gauge.I have never checked the adjustment of the tps either. After all that stuff is addressed and it's sorted out well I intend to install a methanol injection system. It has been messed with to some degree by PO's it has some kind of aftermarket up pipe, gutted cat and cat back system also has later coil pack with an adapter harness on it. It seems like it was running 16psi with no decernable WOT knock but I could be way off on that boost level. I'm almost sure that's what the gauge used to read but it seems pretty high for a stock HA .I tore the cheapo boost gauge out of it after a few months of owning it,it wasn't mounted and slid back and forth on dash tethered by its nylon hose.

Sounds good. I am glad the hot air is able to be a GREAT cruiser and I knew eventually they would get respect.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app