You can type here any text you want

I just wont quit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
:biggrin::biggrin:hahaha man for some reason i cant stop posting, where are people getting these painted bumpers from??? I do bodywork and painting so i can paint them. Are people buying the gelcoated and painting the ones from gbody or are they painting the oe metal ones??? (which now that i think about it doesnt make any sense:o). I have finally decided on a color my type is going to be painted a nice shade of a pearl dark blue with blue bumpers. I am going to remove the bumpers and paint them blue as well, remove the chrome trim on the doors and maybe around the windows, and maybe on the cowl panel as well and replace the tail lights with the later model t-type tinted lights, and spraypaint the headlight bezels as well. I will also buy new bumper inserts for front and back, a t-top weatherstripping kit, and new exhaust as well. (maybe a rebuild in the future). I think that it will look good when it is done plus i am tired of my car being made fun at and it is time to put some money where thier motors are (cheap a** hondas:rolleyes:). In a few days or maybe less I will do a progress and work post like others on this forum with up to date pics and info:) so check back and make requests;)

The car may need a little work but it didn't look bad at all. The biggest thing you need to do is take the T top section off the car and check for rust. They are really bad about it and if you don't stop it now you'll have bigger problems later.

Thanks! i'm glad you like the car... at school, i am tired of getting teased. Man they (ie Honda People) keep calling my car a hooptie whoop. But the girls really dig it!! just need AC and a stereo!

The car may need a little work but it didn't look bad at all. The biggest thing you need to do is take the T top section off the car and check for rust. They are really bad about it and if you don't stop it now you'll have bigger problems later.

yeah i know... i know for a fact that i need new weatherstripping, but a few T-top panels won hurt it. i think that there are a few light rust spots on the top and the center t-top pillar that runs down the center of the car looks slightly bent upwards (look at my pics)(torque power maybe:confused:). car probably needs minor frame work. but it is still a nice car. goin to paint tha hooptie a color i call "VERY VERY metallic dark blue to a point where it is almost black color":biggrin: custom made by me.

Go to the resto section and do a few searches about T tops. If you have bubling you have some serious problems already. Not trying to be a downer but you need to do some work before it gets worse.

Just sandblast the bumpers and do the bodywork and primer them with epoxy and it will look and work great. Ive done it alot on cars and bikes with good results just prep it real good.Any questions email me at mikemcvaney@gmail.com

Back