You can type here any text you want

I keep blowing the same fuse???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GN_ponykillr

Buick addict
Hey guys my 87' keeps blowing the interior lights /door lock/ alarm fuse and it also looses my radio pre sets. Its been fine for years and now as of late it keeps blowing them? Any ideas on why? Should I use a larger fuse?

Hey guys my 87' keeps blowing the interior lights /door lock/ alarm fuse and it also looses my radio pre sets. Its been fine for years and now as of late it keeps blowing them? Any ideas on why? Should I use a larger fuse?

no larger fuse....most common is the cig lighter.......then,dome lights(lighted mirrors on visors),hood light,trunk light wire shorted in trunk hinge...,stereo memory,door lock,alot of items on that one fuse....start unplugging stuff.....

i remove the fuse,in insert a vom in both terminals then start unplugging items mentioned above until the volts drop.....

Have you recently done a brake job?

The underhood light is on that circuit and it's easy to get it trapped behind the booster and shorted against the firewall. (ask me how I know this)

x2 on the cigar lighter and x2 on the no larger fuse
replace fuse and leave a door open so the innterior lights are on
push in the cigar lighter....did the fuse blow?
-dan

no larger fuse....most common is the cig lighter.......then,dome lights(lighted mirrors on visors),hood light,trunk light wire shorted in trunk hinge...,stereo memory,door lock,alot of items on that one fuse....start unplugging stuff.....

i remove the fuse,in insert a vom in both terminals then start unplugging items mentioned above until the volts drop.....

Hey Gary, Thanks for the info! I'm 99% sure I found it last night. I started looking around and noticed the wire at the trunk hinge looks chewed up (exposed) I'm going to seal it back up when the rain stops and see what that does.

Have you recently done a brake job?

The underhood light is on that circuit and it's easy to get it trapped behind the booster and shorted against the firewall. (ask me how I know this)

Funny you say that Alan, I just did the brakes last week but the problem had happened before I did them. It was like this when I parked her for the winter I just saved the detail for spring :)

x2 on the cigar lighter and x2 on the no larger fuse
replace fuse and leave a door open so the innterior lights are on
push in the cigar lighter....did the fuse blow?
-dan

Dan, I think the Cig lighter is good. Thanks for the input.

Back