You can type here any text you want

I keep loosing oil pressure please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

That gn1 ase

hello I own my first national but I keep having a problem with the oil pressure I changed the oil pump and water pump n seem to get the same problem once the car warms up the oil pressure starts dropping all the way n starts knockin can somebody help would be greatly appreciated I'm new to this car thanx

The oil pump does not set the pressure clearance in the main bearings does. I'd start by cutting open the filter and looking for sparklies.

If the water pump was leaking obvious replace it, but why replace the oil pump?

Oil pump pickup tube loose?
Time to drop the pan, and have a look around.
Lots of miles on it?
Ever "rebuilt"?

The oil pump does not set the pressure clearance in the main bearings does. I'd start by cutting open the filter and looking for sparklies.
Thanx for the advice ima look into it very helpful

Oil pump pickup tube loose?
Time to drop the pan, and have a look around.
Lots of miles on it?
Ever "rebuilt"?
The car wasn't running wen I bought it so I took the engine out n sent it out to get rebuilt n mechanic I sent it out too is acting dumb ignoring my calls so just want to fix that problem hoping I can do it myself thanx for the advice by the way

A loose pickup tube would probably suck air and never prime again. Unfortunately, you probably have a bearing issue.

Always some info left out...
Now, you can follow up on the suggestions. Post back what you find.
If your "mechanic" is avoiding you, you may as well kiss that $ goodbye....He's aware of what he messed up.
Maybe post where you are located, and someone nearby can help.

Sounds like a clearance issue Clarance..... Guy probably builds sb Chevy motors.

Always some info left out...
Now, you can follow up on the suggestions. Post back what you find.
If your "mechanic" is avoiding you, you may as well kiss that $ goodbye....He's aware of what he messed up.
Maybe post where you are located, and someone nearby can help.
Yea got that threw my head already that I just got ripped off... Thanx for the help dude I live in Los angeles if anybody could help with a good mechanic that actuall knows wat he is doing

Watch out for that word "rebuilt". It will get you in a bind. Whenever someone attempts to sell you a "rebuilt" you need to demand the specifications. If they don't have them then that's all they did was "rebuild" it. A good friend brought me a piston yesterday out of a block that had 4 different bore sizes. One about .025" over!. The Pistons were 3.800 stock pistons! That engine was "rebuilt". Not rebuilt is better than rebuilt unless specs are furnished. Guaranteed doesn't mean shit either. Just guarantees that you will get another pile of crap when you bring back the one that doesn't work. Junkyard shopping and buying rebuilt will burn you almost every time. Buyer beware!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are located in northeast ohio or close to that area you can call me or email me.

Ill see what I can do to help

Back