I Love Owning a Grand National!!

Yankee John

I have had the car for only 2 weeks now and I can't believe the attention this car gets!

I get thumbs-up from lot's of folks (including bikers), I get people talking to me from other cars at stoplights (Is it fast? Show me.), I get frightened looks from the import/tuner drivers, the "straight ahead" stare from the Mustang and Camaro guys, the classic musclecar drivers (my normal crowd) always look on a drive-by, and then today somebody stops while I'm at work and asks if my car is for sale!

I've never gotten so much attention with a car in my life as this '87 Grand National, and I've had some cool ones!

LOL!
John

The number 1 rule when owning these cars is to get alarms and kill switches installed. DO NOT PARK IT AT A MALL.

These cars are invisible to some and the biggest attention magnets at the same time. But most of the time you can't take one out without hearing "oooh, a GRAND NATIONAL" at some point in time. :cool:

I've said it before, I restored/owned an perfect 1970 Chevelle SS396 four speed, black interior, cortez silver metallic with black ss stripes car. I have had more attention from my GN than I ever did with that show stopper. The GN has a reputation, the Chevelle was just another of a bazillion SS's produced in those years.

HAHA,

Yeah it never fails EVERY time i'm driving the GN someone asks if it's forsale. And you always get the "nice car" or "is it fast" comments.

These cars get respect from every car group around here.I get alot of "thumbs up" around where i live.I gets just as much attention as my 1966 fairlane vert.

The same day I bought mine I was asked if I wanted to sell it. Get ready for the numerous Monte Carlo refences as well. Also the "My Friend's, Uncle's, Cousin's, Brother's, Wife's college room mate had one of those and they are fast".

Just keep an eye on your car...
Cause a lot of people will give it attention alright- thieves, & criminals as well.
Make sure you keep an eye on it ALL THE TIME.:frown:

But Congratulations and welcome to the Turbobuick world :cool:

I have had the car for only 2 weeks now and I can't believe the attention this car gets!

I get thumbs-up from lot's of folks (including bikers), I get people talking to me from other cars at stoplights (Is it fast? Show me.), I get frightened looks from the import/tuner drivers, the "straight ahead" stare from the Mustang and Camaro guys, the classic musclecar drivers (my normal crowd) always look on a drive-by, and then today somebody stops while I'm at work and asks if my car is for sale!

I've never gotten so much attention with a car in my life as this '87 Grand National, and I've had some cool ones!

LOL!
John

I would like to burn mine to the ground.

It is the devil.

Geoff

I see three plus a jetski/wave runner....which one?:tongue:

John, we all started out like you, happy to be on the darkside, getting compliments, generally feeling good about things....then as mentioned earlier....the monte comments and twin turbo FBI V8 option commments come in.....darkness and cynicism set in, then poof....a head gasket goes....then blammo, second gear is non existent....then you're jaded and pissed like Geoff and I and thoughts of turning your pride and joy into a pyrotechnics show cross your mind.....:eek:

Seriously, TR's are a love/hate relationship....and you've got to get a firm understanding of how these F'ers tick, otherwise you'll be on the boards like me late at night searching old threads to see how to fix the problem.....oh yeah...congrats on the TR and welcome to the board.:D

not your granpaws buick

i used to go to a car hop, gathering every wednesday here in so. cal. downey but they(the guys who run the event) wouldn't let me in because my car was not a 76 or earlier model,but i told them heck it's an american produced "muskel" car they wouldn't budge even though i parked by the curb in front of the place and people were asking a lot of questions and asking to see the motor they still wouldn't let me in,they eventually ask me to kindly leave so i complied and left them two black strips to remember me by

i actually get a ton more thumbs up,claps,honks and pics taken while im in my 68 rs then in my GN...i think its just the color or something,I cant wait for winter so i can keep the windows up,it does get kinda weird after a while..My buddy went by a local powdercoating place and he had my camaro on his wall blown up and framed,my buddy asked did he know the owner of that car and he said he just took a picture of it at a car show,thats weird..

My car sat for 8 years untill I got money to add a motor and some other things,in those 8 years Barret Jackson has made these cars famous or something cause this hardly ever happened before and it was the same color?

i used to go to a car hop, gathering every wednesday here in so. cal. downey but they(the guys who run the event) wouldn't let me in because my car was not a 76 or earlier model,but i told them heck it's an american produced "muskel" car they wouldn't budge even though i parked by the curb in front of the place and people were asking a lot of questions and asking to see the motor they still wouldn't let me in,they eventually ask me to kindly leave so i complied and left them two black strips to remember me by

They kind of crap happend at our local weekly show, Finally enough people complained and they started a Special interest lineup.

they have a list of cars they allow, tuner cars are not welcome, just American and Canadian Muscle.

These cars get respect from every car group around here.I get alot of "thumbs up" around where i live.I gets just as much attention as my 1966 fairlane vert.

In your case they're hoping you'll stop in time :)

You coming out to KOTS Sunday at least to watch.

The same day I bought mine I was asked if I wanted to sell it. Get ready for the numerous Monte Carlo refences as well. Also the "My Friend's, Uncle's, Cousin's, Brother's, Wife's college room mate had one of those and they are fast".

My own brother asked me what year my monte carlo was.....and this guy got me into cars when I was a young punk. :(

I would like to burn mine to the ground.

It is the devil.

Geoff
x2 lol. these cars are nice to drive when they are bieng cooperating. owning one is like going to a strip club. it will take all your money and you cant even bust a nut. lol!!!