I Love Stumping the younger generation :)

Little6pack

Why is it the young generation can't give change or gets hung up ?

Went to local DUNKIN DONUTZ to order my wife her favorite beverage.

It is $2.28 with tax

I gave the clerk 3.03 He froze!

He even had a register that would tell him what to give! :rolleyes:

I'm not going to lie, I had to use the calculator to get the answer :(. And yes i'm 24 and suck at math :(, but I can make great eggs :cool:

Why is it the young generation can't give change or gets hung up ?

Went to local DUNKIN DONUTZ to order my wife her favorite beverage.

It is $2.28 with tax

I gave the clerk 3.03 He froze!

He even had a register that would tell him what to give! :rolleyes:

I see this alot as well. Pretty funny to watch the responses that you get. I now try to do this purposely to get a reaction.

Yep, I went through this at a mickeyD's on our way back from Destin a few weeks ago. I just got tired of it and let them keep the buck something, it's not worth it when even the manager couldn't get it right.

I've got one even better.......when you run across Shamiqua, the clerk, with 10 inch long finger nails, pay with change and place it on the counter and watch them try to pick up the coins. It's like a human claw game.

I've got one even better.......when you run across Shamiqua, the clerk, with 10 inch long finger nails, pay with change and place it on the counter and watch them try to pick up the coins. It's like a human claw game.

:eek::eek::D:D:D

Try it, it's pretty amusing.

I cringe when I see those long nails. It must be some trick to wipe their butt. The grunge under those nails must be gross.

I've got to try that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cringe when I see those long nails. It must be some trick to wipe their butt. The grunge under those nails must be gross.

There's an image I'll never get rid of. Thanks, now I'll carry that with me forever.

Yep, I went through this at a mickeyD's on our way back from Destin a few weeks ago. I just got tired of it and let them keep the buck something, it's not worth it when even the manager couldn't get it right.

I just went through that last Wednesday at Checkers drive through with my son after his game.

2 $1.00 shakes
1 $1.00 fry
1 $1.29 burger
1 $1.00 burger

I did not wait for the total just pulled up to the side window.

I hand her $10.00 and she says I owe her $.10 more.
I reply "add it up again" and she comes back with the same answer "the register say it is $10.10".

Took her and the manager 5 minutes to figure it out, I had to pull over to the side.

And that boys and girls is why our government can never get enough money to run things.

Mikey

I remember once going through the Checkers drive thru and buying a meal that was like $4 and change. Gave the youngin a $10 bill. Got my meal and change. Put the change in the cup holder and left. As I was driving home, I looked down and noticed a $10 bill mixed in with the change. I got a meal on Checkers with change!;) Maybe that's why six months later, they were closed.:eek:

I was at McD's and ordered a #6 and a water. Simple......:biggrin:
The little gal informed me that it comes with a soda.... I know,but I want a water. But the water was free she said. That is fine I said. Charge me what ever but I want a water. What kind of soda,she said. I don't want a soda.
But it comes with the #6........:mad: over and over until I just took a coke with my water. Turned out of the parking lot and spilled the coke.......:mad:

One time I went into our Local Wally World and wrote a check.

They asked me Standard Wal mart check writing question #1.

"Is Everything on the Front correct, sir?"

I said "Everything but the name"

She looks at me, she looks at the check, she looks at my drivers license.

Circuits burned and eventually she got it.

So you're one of those people?! WHY THE **** ARE YOU WRITING A CHECK?! GET WITH THE TIMES MAN! YOU'RE HOLDING UP THE DAMN LINE!

.... Are you a 73 year old woman by chance? :biggrin:

It really shouldn't suprise you that these clowns do not have any math skills. Why do you think they are working at a fast food joint? #1 rule - YOU PAY PEANUTS, YOU GET MONKEYS

So you're one of those people?! WHY THE **** ARE YOU WRITING A CHECK?! GET WITH THE TIMES MAN! YOU'RE HOLDING UP THE DAMN LINE!

.... Are you a 73 year old woman by chance? :biggrin:

LOL:biggrin:

They asked me Standard Wal mart check writing question #1.

"Is Everything on the Front correct, sir?"

I said "Everything but the name"

She looks at me, she looks at the check, she looks at my drivers license.

Circuits burned and eventually she got it.

How about when the check writer waits until everything is rung up to take out the 'ole book and start writing. ( While talking/complaining about the prices. ):eek::eek:

I was at McD's and ordered a #6 and a water. Simple......:biggrin:
The little gal informed me that it comes with a soda.... I know,but I want a water. But the water was free she said. That is fine I said. Charge me what ever but I want a water. What kind of soda,she said. I don't want a soda.
But it comes with the #6........:mad: over and over until I just took a coke with my water. Turned out of the parking lot and spilled the coke.......:mad:

you could have saved a few cents- and some aggravation- by just ordering the burger (or whatever a #6 is) with an order of fries and a water.
but then you wouldn't have this inspiring story to share with strangers on the internet about your intellectual superiority over someone that is just trying to get by on a crap job.

you could have saved a few cents- and some aggravation- by just ordering the burger (or whatever a #6 is) with an order of fries and a water.
but then you wouldn't have this inspiring story to share with strangers on the internet about your intellectual superiority over someone that is just trying to get by on a crap job.

You are correct, in hindsight I would have 3 individual items of the menu. But I live for times that I can wield my intellectual superiority one unsuspecting young people just trying to survive in today's world. But the theme of this thread is how hard they make it on themselves. And sometimes it's even amusing.

I remember once going through the Checkers drive thru and buying a meal that was like $4 and change. Gave the youngin a $10 bill. Got my meal and change. Put the change in the cup holder and left. As I was driving home, I looked down and noticed a $10 bill mixed in with the change. I got a meal on Checkers with change!;) Maybe that's why six months later, they were closed.:eek:

I did the same thing at taco hell. the total was $5 something I payed with a $20. she was so busy talking to other employees, she gave me my change and my twenty back. sweet. they are still open