You can type here any text you want

I might get this Limited in trade next sunday

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

evil mechanic

Tell me what you guys think of it and if it looks legit. I am told it is a limited, but the RPO code stuff is confusing.

The mod list (looks like it has more that he didnt list based on the pictures)

Complete rebuilt motor with TRW replacement forged pistons, stage I cam, Fererra valves, T&D shaft rockers, Champion valve covers, new fly-wheel.
Mods include: gt6157e precision turbo, Terry Houston 3" S.S down-pipe, Flow-Master dual exhaust system (SOUNDS AWSOME), turbo tweak chip, motron 60 injectors, adjustable waste gate & fuel regulator, Walbro fuel pump, 3" chrome inlet pipe with cold air kit/K&N, H.D cooler hoses, H.D aluminum radiator, smc alcohal injection kit.
Every sensor replaced with new GM after motor was installed. New Delco battery/cables.
Precision 9/11 L/U converter, shift-kit, Art Carr deep trans pan,
Factory 8.5" posi with 3.42 gears,
New front end suspension (Billstein shocks/springs tierods etc).
Factory T-Tops, Digital dash (new upgraded 195 mph unit from Caspers Electronics)
Car currently has 87 GN front/rear seats,
New carpet & floor mats, column shift, but has a GN console to go with car. Power antenna still works perfect
Rear GNX seat braces, front end upper & lower braces (CAR IS TIGHT)
Needs a heater core(currently by-passed)
Runs excellent, very reliable and fast, 11 second car you can Drive anywhere, and can easily be made a lot faster. bigger rear wheel cyls, rebuilt the powermaster brake unit, brand new rjc racing plenum with power plate kit with a accufab 70mm throttle body, hotwire kit for fuel pump.

2010-05-14185748.jpg

2010-04-28171052.jpg

2010-04-28171138.jpg

2010-04-28170622.jpg

2010-04-28170549.jpg

2010-04-28170603.jpg

2010-04-28170643.jpg

2010-04-28170824.jpg

2010-04-28170741.jpg

I would be trading for a bike i built.

Looks pretty good to me... alot of mods already done- so you have a good start!

judging by the VIN its legit.... 1g4gM1172hp421625

the M means its a limited and the 7 means it has the LC2 turbocharged engine [as does the LC2 means it has the turbocharged engine ; )], the G80 means it has a posi

The car has rust issues. The car is owned by a board member and seems to be a pretty straight forward guy.

What kind of rust issues? Got a link to the thread where he talks about the rust issues?

I dont have a link but I did receive a few pics via email. I deleted them but if you can find the previous owners post, I'm sure he'll send you pictures of the rust issues. I believe it has rust in the rockers and hinges. I'd try to get ahold of the owner and look the car over well. I jst remember it had more rust than i wanted to deal with.

I dont have a link but I did receive a few pics via email. I deleted them but if you can find the previous owners post, I'm sure he'll send you pictures of the rust issues. I believe it has rust in the rockers and hinges. I'd try to get ahold of the owner and look the car over well. I jst remember it had more rust than i wanted to deal with.

He sent me pics of the rockers. He said it was a few small bubbles, but they looked like small holes to me. He didn't mention the hinges though. I also found his FS thread and he mentions the rocker rust and also mentions bottom of the doors. Are you pretty sure there was hinge rust?

He sent me pics of the rockers. He said it was a few small bubbles, but they looked like small holes to me. He didn't mention the hinges though. I also found his FS thread and he mentions the rocker rust and also mentions bottom of the doors. Are you pretty sure there was hinge rust?

No not positive at all about the hinges. I may have been thinking of the bottoms of the doors. I think the seller is a pretty honest guy from what i gathered.

No not positive at all about the hinges. I may have been thinking of the bottoms of the doors. I think the seller is a pretty honest guy from what i gathered.

Yeah he seems pretty honest. Just wanted some opinions because I don't know jack about these cars. Thanks for the info man.

g80 was my selling facotr when i bought my gn, there were a few others for the same price at the time but posi is king.

I'd imagine the frame rails are rusty then.

Back