You can type here any text you want

I Need a JOB!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Anyone know of any job's available? Im a turck driver by trade, Clean MVR, HAZMAT, and Tanker endorsments. 19yrs Exp. Looking for something to have me home daily! Also have exp with Heavy Eqp, front end loaders, forklift's, tractors, ect.... Dont have to be a trucking job, but need's to pay at least (net)$500 week. Any help at all, i thank you. Live near Augusta,GA will travel as far as Savannah, GA.:biggrin:

I had heard rumblings of a pipeline job in the Savannah area. Not sure who it's with. But if you are a card carrying Teamster, HAZMAT certified, good MVR, can operate heavy equipment such as sidebooms and dozers, etc., you would be a candidate for anything from a fuel truck driver to a lowboy driver. The hours are long, but your net would be more like roughly $1,500 a week.

The money is good. BUT, pipeline jobs tend to require travel. So if there isn't anything going in the general area, disregard what I said. LOL

good luck buddy

i was an X ray tech on a pipeline and they paid well for me to be on the site. Pipelines aren't too hazardous but may be a way to get your foot in the door. i know they pay living expenses and food so it was a nice bonus not to use my own check to pay for that stuff. good luck, i know it's hard out there.

I have seen those truck's coming thru day, and night. I need info on how to contact the company. Any info will be a great help. Thank's!

I have seen those truck's coming thru day, and night. I need info on how to contact the company. Any info will be a great help. Thank's!
Go to Pipe Line Contractors Association.

Look to your left at the menu bar. Click on the "MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY". Once there, look in the top center area. Click on "Regular Members". This will take you to a list of every pipeline construction company out there pretty much. There you will find numbers, email addresses, etc. to the corporate offices. Call them. They can give you information on the field offices within their company.

If you happen to notice any Price Gregory Construction trucks, hit me up on PM and I will do some digging to see where we have offices close to you. At the moment, I don't know of any but I will keep my ears open. :cool:

Now, once you locate the office, you need to ask for the contact info for the Teamster Steward. Also, find out what Teamsters Local is in that area. Get on their "Out Of Work" list. By doing that, you are quicker to get dispatched to work on the job.

These steps should help get you get you going. :D

I feel your pain chance. I was in this exact same boat a few months ago. I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you do better than I did.

Yeah my job has cut my hour's back to 28, and talking of taking all of Dec off, with no unemploment:mad:. Only job's i see are Over the road, and cant leave wife, and kids that long. I was thinking of relocating if the pay, and long term employ was there!

My friend is hiring...

He works for a uniform service. You'd have a set route every week and he's complaining that no one's applying. I thought that was unheard of. He said he's having to go through even old applicants. We are in Panama City, FL.
PM me if you're interested and I can put you in contact with him.

Thank's alot, im going to do all i can to get something close to home first, but i will keep him in mind, thank again.

Join the club. I got laid off in April, and it's been rough going ever since. I've applied to all kinds of jobs...only had a few callbacks/emails. My problem is wide ranging experience, but no hard certifications other than a few OSHA certs. I've worked in power gen industry, process technician, done hydraulics/pneumatics, medium fab/mechanical assembly, plus my military background. I've decided to work on an owner/operator CDL plus go through a heavy equipment operator course. Don't know how things will work out, but at least I will be able to play with grown up Tonka toys :biggrin:.

Lonnie if your still looking send me a pm with your OSHA cert's my company is always looking for people with wide experience. (Im that way my self and Im only 23 :()

Actually so you can check out what we do.. here is my company's web site.

EAGLEINSTRUMENTS.COM We deal directly with the EPA on a daily basis, and we used to run the VERY LARGE epa warehouse in west virginia but unfourantly recently they lost that contract :(. Our corporate office is in Norcross, Ga but we have a few smaller offices.

Sent you a PM Jim. Back during my Navy time, I ran the shipboard HAZMAT program at one of my commands. I never could get the brass to send me through the Navy HAZMAT course (no $$ for training they said), but it was an easy program to grasp IMO.

Sent you a PM Jim. Back during my Navy time, I ran the shipboard HAZMAT program at one of my commands. I never could get the brass to send me through the Navy HAZMAT course (no $$ for training they said), but it was an easy program to grasp IMO.
With your background relating to OSHA as well as former military, an option for you is the Safety Department. Most every safety manager I know has either a law enforcement, military, EMT, firefighter, etc. background. Yea, pipeline experience helps for one looking to get into that industry. But it isn't a must. I've gotten 3 people I know with zero pipeline experience hired and they have done very well.

If travel is an option for you, you might look into it. The hours are long, as already mentioned. But the pay for safety guys is outstanding.

With the job market in it's current condition, it makes it tough to go that route due to my lack of verifiable/specific training. I was turned away from a federal job due to no formal QA training, despite having the strong mech background, which included NDT and QA training. The dept manager wanted to hire me due to that background, but was over-ridden by her supervisors/higher ups. It's been a frustrating search, to say the least. Think I cursed myself when I resigned from GE, then sold the turbo T and TTA :redface: . Things have been on the downslide ever since, but family came first.

I traveled 6 mos of the year when I worked for GE, so it's an option.........plus it would get me away from the g/f....lol. If I had the formal training, I would be all over it. If nothing else, I'm a stickler for safety......especially in an industrial setting.

My biggest problem.....I'm a jack of all trades, master of none...lol.

Charlie, Shane,

As a sales type I recognized the value of networking in doing business. And often times that comes outside of the professional channels. What about setting up a Jobs exchange in the classifieds.

Back