I need computer help

Billdogg

PSI FED 6
I am using a new computer, and I can't get images to show. They all show up fine, except for when I click a link that goes to a .jpg or .jpeg file. It just shows the red X with a frame around it. All other pictures show up fine that are on pages. Any ideas?

does this happen on a specific site or on all sites?? what is the security settings for I.E set at, or are you using I.E. Did you recently install any pop up stopping software. Just a few questions to help track down your problem

Good advice from 3mta3. Check the security settings under IE properties on your desktop. They can be set for low, medium and high. That is if you are using IE in the first place. Also some pop-up add software will not allow certain pictures or photos to display either. Should be able to configure in the software's settings. Hope you can fix it.:)

Drew

Maybe not. I still can't get the big pictures of feature cars to load on gmhightechperformance.com I turned the security level all the way down. I'm not sure if there's any anit-popup software on this computer. Is there a way I can check?

if you have a google tool bar or any other kind of tool bar in you IE window they may have some sort of blocking software, if you have any of these tool bars you can remove them from the add/remove programs in the control panel. What version of IE are you using?? if you go to the help and "about internet explorer" it should tell you what version you have. If your not running Windows 2000 or XP you may have an older version of IE. Click on tools then windows update. Let it do a scan and see if there is a newer version of IE to download. This may help

New IE may be the issue.

I had this exact problem when I upgraded to IE6 on an older computer. Tried everything under the sun, but the fix was to back off to IE5.5- and stay there. A reinstall of IE6 produced the same result. There are veiled references in some of the Microsoft chat rooms to this problem, and a few suggested fixes- none of which seem to work.

HTH

George

Was using Windows 2000 and IE 5.5

Did the update to IE 6 and looks like everything works. Thanks again guys.