I need help!!!

P

pat83t

No not mentally. I have been having a big time lag going on and my turbo lights haven't been working since I got my motor re-installed. I got under the hood and found that my turbo light sender goes to a vacuum t right behind my carb. one of the other ends goes to my map sensor. where does the other end go???:confused: :confused: :confused: Also how do I get my headlight knob removed from the switch. I have bulbs out in the instruments and would like to be able to change them. I can get all the dash pulled off but it won't come outta the way with the headlight knob still on.

Well ....from the top of my head....it T's into the wastegate rod/compressor hose...this is also where I T'd for the boost gauge

Knob Allen wrench I think on the bottom side....

WE ALL have mentally issues.. OK maybe you have more under the filtered sun ;)

Jim

I actually got a sunburn yesterday at the pokey joes car show. I entered the 83 but didn't win anything. they are all prejudice up here towards older cars.:D

Originally posted by pat83t
I actually got a sunburn yesterday at the pokey joes car show. I entered the 83 but didn't win anything. they are all prejudice up here towards older cars.:D
LOL I thought it was towards all cars...trucks only are cool

Along the inside edge of the knob you'll find a slot. Slide a small screwdriver thru the slot and pull it away from the dash. If you pull hard enough it should come off anyway.

The boost circuit has two tees. From the compressor foot, it tees to the actuator and to another tee. The second goes to the pressure swicth and the MAP sensor. It sounds like the two tees aren't connected any longer. The first tee is kinda hidden under the compressor. A leak here is venting pressurized air and FUEL. They really should have routed these lines over the compressor instaed of under. (They are over on the earlier turbos.)

Well the trucks are what they use for work but there is a fair share of street rods around here. It is a hard task to try to get all weekends off to attend car shows when you work at an auto parts store.

there is a fair share of street rods around here.

That's right I forgot about that, I use to find shows all the time out there...my kids would get mad at me..LOOK kids street rods, let's stop here...

Originally posted by b4black
The second goes to the pressure swicth and the MAP sensor. It sounds like the two tees aren't connected any longer. The first tee is kinda hidden under the compressor. A leak here is venting pressurized air and FUEL. They really should have routed these lines over the compressor instaed of under. (They are over on the earlier turbos.)
I don't have that second T, but I could tell that that line was replaced once as well as the T to the MAP. It's brass then they add a reducer on the line to mate it to the MAP T.

Ok to the actuator I have 2 lines with no t's

1) comes off of plenum before the compressor.
2) comes off of compressor foot.

I also have another tapped hole with a pipe plug in it right next to line 2. which one do I use for the map/boost sensors?

1. sould go the vac side of the wastegate

2. should T into the MAP, but I have been thinking of moving it to
where th e rear vac break was at. (I have deleted it)

doesn't that line have pressurized fuel in it also? I guess not but just wanted to make sure before I go t'ing off. damn.......my kingdom for a precise vacuum map.:D

you have no vacuum to the wastgate at all? just when I thought I was getting used to this car and working on it they went and screwed with something else. Anybody have the home phone # to the engineers that made this a whole lot more complicated than it need to be??

Line 2 sure does.....
I found out the hard way...don't ask you don't want to know.
Just don't suck on the vac side of the wastegate to test it,if it leaks from the pressure side......I can taste it now just thinking about it....Oh wait I said don't ask...and I told

you have no vacuum to the wastgate at all?
No I just use the pressure side, have been thinking of adding a dail a boost that will need both sides

so you end up sending fuel air mix to your map sensor and boost sender then?? also do you have msn or yahoo messenger?

Originally posted by Ttype83

No I just use the pressure side, have been thinking of adding a dail a boost that will need both sides

Why not just use a "Grainger valve".
http://pages.cthome.net/gus/mike.html

You can build one for under $15!

Dawes Devices also has them for sale already assembled for about $30.

Your wanting the dial a boost so you can adjust it from inside though aren't you:confused:
Check out the link I posted.
There's a pretty good idea there about using a 2 stage boost controller. It can change from low boost to high boost @ the flick of a switch or even be made to automatically actuate @ W.O.T.
That's how Tonya wants her car set up. Low boost (9#'s) so she can get all over it & not have to worry to much about hurting anything & high boost @ the flick of a switch for when a rustang pulls up next to her.:D ;)

Originally posted by Turbo-Rich

Your wanting the dial a boost so you can adjust it from inside though aren't you:confused:

It can change from low boost to high boost @ the flick of a switch or even be made to automatically actuate @ W.O.T.
That's how Tonya wants her car set up. Low boost (9#'s) so she can get all over it & not have to worry to much about hurting anything & high boost @ the flick of a switch for when a rustang pulls up next to her.:D ;)

Yes I want to control boost from my seat :D

Tell me more about the switch thing.

I have the Grainger valve site on my web site...
That is a COOL setup and if I don't go with the dail a boost from JCotton then that's want I will use.

so you end up sending fuel air mix to your map sensor and boost sender then?? also do you have msn or yahoo messenger?

Yes that's why I have been thinking of changing it.
yahoo...yes but can not rememeber my login or password.
AIM..... seatonjl
ICQ....15953216
I need to reinstall ICQ and you have to tell me to turn on my AIM..