I really need advice on this..

i sold a nice 3.8 block. bilit mains, machine, ready to go; and it was noted that the starter pad had been repaired. this dick wad out in texas bought it, ran a digle berry down the bores, didn't like how the starter pad was repaired, knocked it off and tried to re-weld it. then called paypal and told them it wasn't as i said it was. guess who now has a useless block, had to give him a full refund, lost the shipping costs, that's right, me. i had police reports made, and had followed paypal contract completely to protect me, they have a clause that says they can do what they want and i have agreed to it. f paypal. if you do this you will get screwed. trust me.

So he wants to finance buying your car with his credit?
If that's his only avenue you could still accommodate him:

All he needs to do is make several trips to his local ATM until he's got your $16,000.

The fees might be a bit steep after they're all piled up together, but that's his concern and not yours.

Paypal?

F'Get Aboud It!!

Dont do it ! !

I use to work for eBay / PayPal ... DO NOT DO IT ! If there are any problems, you cannot even get the $500 back.... since a deposit is considered a service, and PayPal only covers items purchased through eBay..."off eBay" items.. . you're screwed ! Use to work there as a supervisor... I got all the calls where people were pissed cause their transaction WAS NOT protected. Any questions at all on PayPal or policies.. feel free to PM me. Thanks, GNGAL

I use to work for eBay / PayPal ... DO NOT DO IT ! If there are any problems, you cannot even get the $500 back.... since a deposit is considered a service, and PayPal only covers items purchased through eBay..."off eBay" items.. . you're screwed ! Use to work there as a supervisor... I got all the calls where people were pissed cause their transaction WAS NOT protected. Any questions at all on PayPal or policies.. feel free to PM me. Thanks, GNGAL

:confused:
OK you got me here,what are you saying? He sent me a $500 deposit,not me sent him one? Are you suggesting he cant get his money back or suggesting the $500 could be taken back?

Not sure about other states, but in Va if someone gives you a deposit, you can't do anything with the car. I mean if the guy camps on the payment, you can't sell it to another party. I had some gypsys try this on me years ago but a friend who worked in law informed me. They give you a deposit then no more payments, they just drive you crazy till you crack and accept way less $.

I would also advise wire transfer. No way would I do an entire amount through PayPal.

And as others have mentioned, if the guy wants 100% peace of mind, he needs to come look at the car and bring the cash with him.

Who in their right mind spends $16K on a car Sight Unseen??
I would fly up & inspect the car & bring my cash & then try to get an airline ticket out of you as part of the deal which is fair. Its only a $500 loss so it sells for $15,500 & your both happy. Dont do the Pay Pal! Bank to Bank & let the Bank handle it!! that way your covered!
Even banks can take back their $$ if the Money order turns out fake. Thats why They need to do the transaction for you!

I have cash, a truck, a trailer and a hankering for a nice GN.

So did you sell this car yet? :biggrin::cool:

Bottom line, its YOUR car and HE wants it. If he can't go buy your rules then sell it to someone else ! I can understand buying a car unseen is a big risk but if he is willing to spend that much then he should be willing to jump his butt in a plane or car and come see it first and bring the cash with him ! That way there is no misunderstandings on either end. He likes it or not , pays or not, period.