You can type here any text you want

i still hate these tranny's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
well got everything lined up to make the track sunday everything's going good till a while ago.

ever since we did the pump stuff in my trans its been acting stupid.

well we got most of it strait except for a real bad part throttle 2nd to 3rd flair...im talking taking off and holding vacuum gauge at 8 inches of vacuum im getting 11-1200 rpm flair.

worst yet driving it earlier and roll into the throttle kinda strong and the rpm jumps up ike normal (spinning) but this time the tires wont spinnig.

i thought i had lost my mind so i put it back in 2nd gear and roll into and again it starts slipping .

well i have had no slipping up to this point other than the tires.

do you think something could be stuck in a valve to make second start slipping all of a sudden or does a band just drop dead like that.

i dont have time for much testing since i am going to te track sunday and if you'll dont think its something simple then as of saturday it will be th 400 trannied till i can aford a good built 200

i just cant win with this pos everytime i think im going to go get some good passes on the car something comes up now im flat azz broke and its still doing stupid stuff.

oh well guess that meens its trashed .

im going to the shop and put the 400 in it then

I understand your grief dude.. I had the same 2-3 flair and swapped 3 valve bodies to find out it wasn't it. I had rolled a seal which cause my brand new blue clutches to burn up in less than 300 miles (no track time). I narrowed the problem by hooking a tranny pressure gauge and watching the pressure rise then fall and rise again from 2nd to 3rd under WOT (NOT GOOD!). I was so F*ckin' pissed I went ahead and bought the Billet assembly from Bruce T and never looked back. So far So good..:D

yea i hear ya im planning on working on the unds to get a unit from bruce in a couple months or so but im tapped out now with doing the motor conversion...:(

Back