I still need tires!

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Anyone know of anyone or somewhere where I can get Drag radials from. Tire rack want too much for shipping and has none in stock, e-tires have none in stock and the same in shipping, Ron's dont stock them and takes 2 month to recieve them. I need a set by next month. I prefer BFG's.

Just order it now.....

Then NEXT month, you can say "It will arrive in one month." :D

what about Costco? They are a BFG dealer I think. I special order my regular tires from them. Usually comes in less than three weeks. Shipping is free and their BFGs are usually about 20 bucks cheaper than Rons. Just don't let them mount your tires. Their European "Touchless" tire mounter chewed some aluminum in an almost 180 degree run. :eek: Its a long shot but a phone call can't hurt. They are Dot approved tires right :D

I tried that too is a non stocking tire so it does not show up in the computer, but the sales person said that they brought the same tire I wanted a few month ago? Try figure that out? I can get it at Ron's around $160 a piece, but 2 months?

Would you have there phone number for Costco tire Mako? I can try again to ask them.

Don't have it off hand you can call their phone number in the white pages. It gets you one of those recorded press this button messages. They recently switched over to a new computer system in early August or July. Its idiot proof in a way that they won't sell you the wrong size tire. The salesperson was probaly lazy or new. They have a catalog behind their counter that is for BFG tires. Thats why I assume they would be able to bring them in. These part selling rookies just don't know how to pick up catalogs anymore. Its kinda like walking into Checkers. If its not in the computer they don't have it vs. walking into Napa or Ron's where they look in the catalog next to see if they can get it for you somehow. But if you know what you want and the price is right...

Costco doesn't bring in the DR's anymore. :(
I've tried unsuccessfully to buy some from them this year, and the latter part of last year.

Geoff

I may have missed something, but how about Summit or Jegs? I KNOW they have them in stock, and they'll send it out the next day. I don't know how much shipping out here would be, but I can almost guarantee the cost of the tires themselves would be cheaper than ANY place out here.

Just my $.02... :)

Derrick

It cost my friend about 40 bucks a tire to overnight it from tirerack via FedEx. Came the next morning. 2 day was only about 5 bucks cheaper. If you need them now and are willing to fork out the bucks then summit, jegs, tirerack sell them for $130 ea. How much does Ron's want per tire??? If you figure their costs versus paying tirerack to ship it over whats the difference? It might come out to less than $20 and thats worth paying to have it now IMO. My friend paid for the tires and shipping and still saved some bucks.

Thanks for the info Mako. Ron's wanted around $150-160 a tire that includes shipping. But around one to two month.