I think its finally shot!

thats not on my car. my buddy has it on his. he said it works out good. i just think it is a really cool idea.:cool:

I like the idea but I think you may be a little oversized. If they made one a little smaller it would be a fantastic system if you can control the boost to fuel issue. I wonder if it would work like a boost referenced carb?

I got the car in the garage to work on, but its to F`n cold out to work on it:( This warmest it got today was 6... the low tonight is -1:eek: This is Canadian weather dammit:mad:

well why cant you use a tbi setup off of a truck or car. you could get the harnest and computer and tbi in a junk yard.

turbokinetic did a draw through turbo on his old 3.0L v6 using a Before Black set up, and modified it to be TBI using a GM truck TBI system...it seemed to work pretty good before he went to the LG3 SFI engine. I kow its FWD, but apparently he used a late 70s Buick v6 turbo set up like what y'all are building lol....hmm. it does sound like the engine might be shot...

I don`t got to the junk yards much, Flint is full of then and their all crooks:mad: My friend said he would let me use his 350 TPI engine till I get the motor fixed, I think I might do that so I can take it to the shop and paint it. Its a 2 bolt main tho... will that bolt in or do I need to get different mounts?

A SBC will bolt right in if you have the frame mounts. Not hard to do and most of the idiots at the dirt tracks around here do it a lot. I even had a car lot remove the V6 Buick and drop in a SBC in a Regal because he had no clue about what he had.

A SBC will bolt right in if you have the frame mounts. Not hard to do and most of the idiots at the dirt tracks around here do it a lot. I even had a car lot remove the V6 Buick and drop in a SBC in a Regal because he had no clue about what he had.

cool:biggrin: I`m not real big on putting a V8 in it, especially after talking some ish about my friends and their V8s:biggrin: But it will get me around I guess and its FI, so it will prob be about the same gas mileage... hell maybe even better mpg than my 3.8:biggrin: My guess is it might have been so bad on gas because it was going out:rolleyes:

You say it knocks, but I can't hear it from here. Do you think it's a rod knock? Is it always there?
If you wasted the rod or main bearings, an easy check is to drain the oil and take a look....if it looks like metalflake paint, most of your bearings are now in your oil.

For a Chevy 350, you need to change the motor mounts. Maybe your trans too.
A Buick 300, 340, or 350 will bolt to your V6 frame mounts.:cool:

You say it knocks, but I can't hear it from here. Do you think it's a rod knock? Is it always there?
If you wasted the rod or main bearings, an easy check is to drain the oil and take a look....if it looks like metalflake paint, most of your bearings are now in your oil.

For a Chevy 350, you need to change the motor mounts. Maybe your trans too.
A Buick 300, 340, or 350 will bolt to your V6 frame mounts.:cool:

It sounds like a rod knock, the lifters always knock. I will drain the oil tonight, I drained the coolant last nigh and I will take the intake off first and see whats going one in there... then make my way down. I`m not big on doing a V8, but its cheap and easy to do. The 350 trans I have now should work, but the 350 needs alt and power steering brackets, flywheel and starter... I wonder if mine would swap? It also needs ECM, wiring harness and fuel pump... alot of thing needed yet:( What if I bought a cheap truck with a 350 tbi in it? I found one for $750:biggrin: or what about a 4.3 vortec?

I thought the Chevy used a different trans bolt pattern than the Buick-Olds-Pontiac? You have the Th-350 right?
Buick brackets won't fit a Chevy engine. Everything should fit a Buick 350 tho.
A buddy of mine replaced his turbo V6 with a Buick 455. It was AWESOME. Even had air conditioning and cruise control. Ran hi-11's on nitrous.:biggrin:

What if I bought a cheap truck with a 350 tbi in it? I found one for $750 or what about a 4.3 vortec

try a junk yard or make a post on craigslist you can find things cheap there. alot of people have things laying around.

It also needs ECM, wiring harness and fuel pump... alot of thing needed yet

you have to keep in mind a return line for fi. sorry for all the post alot of things are comming to my mind.