i want low 14's help!

Under Pressure

I have a 99 gtp its my wifes car ,but i drive it alot of the time . The car ran a 14.90 last year with the air box gutted and a k&n filter . I want the car to run on 93 octane and not to lose any drivability.
Anyone with tips like pulleys or exhaust.looking for the best bang for the buck .Any info would be appreciated .Thanx:confused:

Here is my recipe for 14.002 to 14.3

3.4 pully. Look for a used one. They can be had for 30-40 bucks

Gator Back Belt. I didn't think I needed it but I got slippage without it.

Auto lite 104's at wal-mart for about 10 bucks total

180 Thermostat 5 five bucks. I drilled two small holes in it

Gutted airbox (which you have) I use a paper filter

With that setup I got a 14.3 on 93 octane and a 14.1 on 98 octane.

Then I added a free flow muffler for 20 bucks and hit 14.25 on 93 octane, and 14.002 on 98 octane.

I still need to remove the U-bend. That should get me into the 13's
;)

Dont Forget U-bend Delete. That will really free up you exhaust, and a 3 in downpipe will help a lot too.

Originally posted by Bluto
Here is my recipe for 14.002 to 14.3

Gator Back Belt. I didn't think I needed it but I got slippage without it.

You don't by chance know the part number from the belt that you used? If so please email me or reply to this thread.

You don't by chance know the part number from the belt that you used? If so please email me or reply to this thread.

4060660 Belt - 66.0" long

Like Jesse James I only trust my auto performance to the Zone....Auto Zone. They have them.

4060660 Belt - 66.0" long

Like Jesse James I only trust my auto performance to the Zone....Auto Zone. They have them.
how much boost will i get with that 3.4 pulley?

I got 10-12 PSI. When I added the muffler it stayed around 11.
Stock I saw about 8-9 psi.

You will really feel a huge diff.

With that same setup I mentioned earlier I hit 13.993 last night.
Wooo Hoooo

Did you suffer alot at the gas pump with that pulley?
Man it seems like I'm on E all the time.
If I stay out of the boost I can get an average of 25 MPG and about 30 on long trips.

But if I drive the way I like......I get about 17-20 in average.

I have used 89 a few times on some of my long comutes. But I try to stick with 93.

Man it seems like I'm on E all the time.
If I stay out of the boost I can get an average of 25 MPG and about 30 on long trips.

But if I drive the way I like......I get about 17-20 in average.

I have used 89 a few times on some of my long comutes. But I try to stick with 93.
yea i hear that they do have small tanks

well i put on the 3.4 pulley 104s plugs 180 t-stat took off the convertor and resinator and install the o2 simulator .the car ran 14.79 spinng in first gear 14.80 off the street .oh yea also have the gator back belt

Need some type of CAI> If nothing else make your own. I will also have a set of 1.9 rockers for sale soon. Im going cam and heads and intercooler. Let me know if interested. I can tell you alot about these cars, if not, i can find out

Gut your stock air box. There is a lot of restrictive plastic in there.
The 99 and up stock air box's are in a primo location.

air box is gutted with a k&n its runs good i thought it would of ran better though im still happy with it ,being a family car and all

buy a 9" cone k&n with at 3" opening
and a short 45 degree piece of piping
take the whole air box out
that'll help