i want to do a stock top end rebuild what to use?

wamatam

boost junky
Jjust like the title states i want to do a topend rebuild but with the stock cam or close to it ,lifters,timing chain,head gaskets,valve spirings/

what do i use whats the best top use that will hold mild abuse, i might have to change the cam as i think i might have a worn down lobe. so what can i go with in the CAM dept close to stock that will not ask for to much injector or turbo.

what brand or part numbers would be great.

Get a 206/206 Comp or Edlebrock cam. Have the head freshened up, valve job and all. LT1 Chevy valve springs are popular. I would rather see you step up to a hydraulic roller cam set up. You can also get the timing set from Edlebrock. How much are you looking to spend? Where are you located, that helps too.

im in miami,fl i wanted to keep it stock cam as people say i could make good power on it i just dont want to add all the other things needed to stepping up to a larger cam

If there is nothing wrong with the stock cam, leave it in. I would have a valve job done, have the heads milled to assure flatness, install new valve springs, and a new Edlebrock timing chain and the roller cam button.

Look at the Edelbrock 204/214 cam. It is a great cam and a lot of guys have had good luck with it, including me. Like mentioned above, mild cam, freshen the heads, new timing set and go have some fun. Whoever does the heads, ask about a "better than stock" valve job. Oftentimes they will do a 4 or 5 angle valve job and it really cleans up the air flow. If you have someone knowledgeable. On these engines, might look into a simple clean up on the exit of the intake ports and clean up the exhaust ports of the head. Not much required to really help it breathe.

Hydraulic roller cam, port the heads, good timing chain. If there is nothing wrong........don't fix it. If you pull the heads NEVER put stockers back on.....have them ported. You are close to Champion. Call them.