Identify this 3.5" MAF please!

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Hi all,
I have a 3.5" MAF from Delphi / GM. Part number 25168491. It looks just the one in this picture: (minus the air box crap)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427233072&category=38634

Does anybody have any idea what this MAF is for and if it is the same calibration as a regular LS1 MAF? I would like to use it with my translator + set up if it will work.

If I cannot find out anything about it, I'll just plug it in and see if it works I guess.

Originally posted by MJRWOOD
Hi all,
I have a 3.5" MAF from Delphi / GM. Part number 25168491. It looks just the one in this picture: (minus the air box crap)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427233072&category=38634

Does anybody have any idea what this MAF is for and if it is the same calibration as a regular LS1 MAF? I would like to use it with my translator + set up if it will work.

If I cannot find out anything about it, I'll just plug it in and see if it works I guess.

Current bid is $182 :eek: awful lot of money for an "unkown" MAF and an air box you can't use anyway. Get a real LS1 MAF, stick with what works.

Dave,
I already have one of these MAF's laying around, just using the ebay pic for reference material.

rumor has it that the MAF is a ZO6 or truck type with AIT built in. An adapter harness is needed to plug it in to a stock LS1 type connector.

I'm hoping that the output signal and calibration are compatible with LS1.

local Chevy dealer ran the part number for me and found out what it is - application is 01-04 LS6 Corvette.

I talked with Turbobob and he says this is actually an 85mm MAF and yes it will work with the translator. I ordered an adapter harness from Ramchargers and I'm gonna hook it up and give it a try.

That's a Z06/ truck MAF. I have a few I want to get rid also. They are very expensive to get brand new.

Burnout

MJRWOOD
How much was the adapter and translater to run that MAF thru Ramchargers? I have access to the exact MAF myself.

Thanks,

Eric

The adapter harness was only $20, and the translator is a standard issue translator plus, which I think still sells for around $275 or so. (haven't looked at that in a while)

check it out at www.ramchargers.com

I'm expecting the adapter harness to arrive today. But I still need to get the larger air filter and 3.5" MAF plumbing set up.

Turbobob mentioned that the 85mm sensor is sensitive to air turbulence from the fan, because the sensing elements are so close to the inlet. Because of that I think I will go with a buickgn.com shorty style big mouth set up. It has a short length of 4" pipe between the air filter and the MAF which should help eliminate fan turbulence effects.

85mm Z06 MAF works GREAT

I installed the 85mm MAF with a big mouth shorty style air intake setup over the weekend. The improvement over the 3" LTI and stock silicone hose setup I was using is very dramatic. Driveability is unaffected. Boost went from 24 to 26 PSI. Direct scan shows no knock retard, so I think I'll just leave it there.

She might make an 11.60 @ 117 or so now. Drove it quite a bit on saturday and all I can say is WOW. The tires are screaming hard from a 40 MPH roll.

Ok, so I think this could be part of the problem.. Let me know what you guys think..

Im running the Translator (not +) and what looks to be an LS1 MAF.. I havent been able to decifer whether or not it's an LS1 or LT1. When I first changed over I went and bought some real nice Silicone reducers from 3" to 2.5". These fit the throttle body and up pipe, but the 3" end wouldnt fit the maf.. The maf's outter diameter is the same as the outer on the silicone reducer.. I have since posted a trade figuring mine was a LS1, and come to find out the supposab LT1 that the other guy sent me for trade is the same size.. WHAT MAF ARE THESE??? HELP!! Im running the maf in the up pipe right before the TB and after the aftermarket BOV I installed.. Nice setup very street able.. Let me know what you guys think!!