You can type here any text you want

Identify this coil?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I'm thinking this is the Magnavox replacement coil, and not the stock AC Delco coil...? coil 001.jpgcoil 002.jpg

Hard to tell without seeing from underneath. Still having issues?

Try running in batch fire. Start the car, unplug the cam sensor and go for a ride. See if it still acts up.

RL

Yep still having issues. Will have to try this when I get home in a week. Are you suspection a cam sensor acting up that would be causing a miss at 4900 rpm?

check the wires and plugs, alot of things could cause a miss at higher rpms @ 4900 rpm is the miss occuring under high boost or low boost? check grounds! also unplug the WG and take it for a ride and get on it and see if it still does it @ 4900 rpm without being on boost also after 4900 rpm does it get better or worse and is your FP rising like it's suppose too?

check the wires and plugs, alot of things could cause a miss at higher rpms @ 4900 rpm is the miss occuring under high boost or low boost? check grounds! also unplug the WG and take it for a ride and get on it and see if it still does it @ 4900 rpm without being on boost also after 4900 rpm does it get better or worse and is your FP rising like it's suppose too?

It has new plugs in it. I could check the Magnacors, but someone else told me his had similar issues and it ended up being the coil...then I learn Caspers sells a coil pack tester except it's only good on stock style coil packs.

The miss actually occurs regardless of boost....i.e. I undid the manual internal WG and it still does it...I put the car in D2 and stomped it, it does it....I put it in D3 and stomped t...it does it starts around 4400 on thru 5000 but it's real noticable at 4800-4900. I no longer have the stock electronic WG.

Yes fuel is rising 1 psi per lb of boost.

Back