You can type here any text you want

Idle o2 volts on scanmaster.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

What should they read? I'm fluctuating between 200-500. I'm chasing a miss at idle. It didn't seem to miss with the white E3 plugs and I changed for a set of CR43ts at .035 gap. The car runs great under load but at idle it's missing. Takes time to warm up as well. This car is bone stock to the airbox.

Your car may have very well idled better with the E3 plugs but those plugs were not meant for our cars. Leave them out... What chip you running?

The car is bone stock as in no one has ever changed a thing accept those plugs. I'm at the beginning stages with this car but I want to take it slow and not go full retard into buying everything on the market for it right now.

Pull the gap down a few thou....Could be the ign module/coils are a bit tired.

What should they read? I'm fluctuating between 200-500. I'm chasing a miss at idle. It didn't seem to miss with the white E3 plugs and I changed for a set of CR43ts at .035 gap. The car runs great under load but at idle it's missing. Takes time to warm up as well. This car is bone stock to the airbox.
With a stock chip the engine when warm will idle in closed loop. The o2 should jump up and down. .4 is stoich. Lower is lean. Higher is richer. The computer adds and takes away fuel in a never ending closed loop.

I have some new Wires from RJC coming and new plugs. I think I got a bad plug or something. I also have an 02 sensor on the way.

If it's truly bone stock, the chip needs to be tossed.

Odds are the injectors are shot too. Not to mention valve springs (and timing gear teeth).

I'd looking at getting rid of the stock MAF too.

Trying to tune around a stock chip and 30 year old injectors is an exercise in futility.

I'd look at the EGR for signs of internal leaks too. That can mess with idle, but odds are your EGR passage in the intake is clogged, so it might be a nonissue.

If it's truly bone stock, the chip needs to be tossed.

Odds are the injectors are shot too. Not to mention valve springs (and timing gear teeth).

I'd looking at getting rid of the stock MAF too.

Trying to tune around a stock chip and 30 year old injectors is an exercise in futility.

I'd look at the EGR for signs of internal leaks too. That can mess with idle, but odds are your EGR passage in the intake is clogged, so it might be a nonissue.

Anything else? ;-)

Back