IF I'm missing bolts and brackets...

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
ok, my 86/87 T-type was first being dismantled for pistons upgrades and cam change when the shop that a friend owned and ran suddenly went to crap and he lost the shop and now I'm forced to take my TR to another shop to get finished... I was hoping the car had most of the brackets and bolts either still on the engine or in the trunk...but after further inspection and only a scant few bolts in a Folgers coffee can, I SERIOUSLY doubt I have everything I need to put my baby back together! What Buick car (besides another 86/87 TR) would be a good donor for brackets and bolts for say...alternators and AC compressors and the lot? granted not just any motor will have turbo brackets and such, but will 86-89 LeSabers and other 3.8 buick motors have what I need to put my engine together? TIA

All the brackets on the front of the engine are 86/87 turbo specific. I would try going back to the shop 1st to see if I could round anything up. If no luck contact Mike McCoy or Brian Weaver as they would be most likely to have everything you want in stock. Or try a post in the parts wanted section. You may also want to pull an engine diagram from the GN/Ttype board for reassembly.

Dang....that sucks.

Oh btw....

If you are not comfortable putting it back together, I would advise finding a shop that knows these cars. You should not have any trouble as they're many knowledgeable shops in Fla.