If you had 30K to buy a new Car/Truck what would you buy?

T

TTA89

Figure you can afford 30K on a 2003 Vehicle what would you purchase?

:D

I don't know anything about the new cars :)

Actually 30k would not do it for me because
I like the Supercharged ULTRA PARK AVE.

Guess since I grew up with family driving BIG
AMERICAN IRON it is a trait passed on.

We use to have a 71 Kingswood wagon, 68 Merc monetery & many others

Lexus IS300
Subaru WRX
350 Z

Truthfully, there isn't much out there that appeals to me in that price range.

For about half that price, I will sell you a 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T (1 of 181 total that year, and one of only 17 in white), WITH LESS THAN 600 ORIGINAL MILES on it. 224 hp turbocharged, intercooled 4 cyl with a Getrag 5 speed. Lotus-designed head, power everything, light gray leather interior, and original down to the tires and spark plugs. This car has the honor of having the highest horsepower to cubic inch ratio ever built by mother Mopar. Fun little screamer.

Talk about different! Rare, new, powerful, and fun.

But honestly, I'm hoping I resist the urge to sell it and decide to make it my daily driver! heh heh :D

1. Lightning
2. Mach 1
3. Dodge R/T Dakota
4. A couple of Hauser cars

Cool car Doug, don't see many of those anymore.

I'd love to buy American, but to me, there's just nothing that covers all the bases like that new Infiniti G35, 350Z if I could drive a 2 seater (can't, family). Other than that I'd consider the RX8.

Infiniti G35
RX8
Merc Marauder--I have a feeling 30k will be a lot easier to get on these soon. ;)
Maybe a Chrysler 300M, Concorde or Intrepid. Kinda scared of Dodge/Chrysler's since my Avenger years ago though.

That's for new cars. I don't know if I can bring myself to buy a new one again. Too nice having a car budget instead of a car note.

Nothing. ;)

I would take the money and run however. :)

Sorry stuck in 1987 forever. :cool:

PS: Fix that darn TTA!!!

Trans Am, Z28, Lightning (Don't really know if $30,000 would touch one of these.)

If I had it to blow on a new car.......Couldn't get an M3 so I'd go for a new GTO in yellow.:D

Nothing new...let someone else work the bugs out.
A used 5 or 7 series BMW
In that price range, nothing new can beat it.

For $30K I'd get a loaded Metallic Red Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with the Competition Group, or a leftover 2002 Sunset Orange Camaro SS (if there are any) with a 6-speed, T-tops, Monsoon CD, and the basic option package and the silver 10-spoke wheels (no chrome!!), and some of the SLP options if there was cash left.

Steve

I was just curious... I'm buying a 2003 Lightning.

My car is in Progress and will be running this season. Now I will have a tow vehicle so I can venture away from my local track :)

Originally posted by TTA89
I was just curious... I'm buying a 2003 Lightning.

My car is in Progress and will be running this season. Now I will have a tow vehicle so I can venture away from my local track :)

What color? Get the Kenne Bell blower on it and you can be at 600 rwhp. :eek:

I have to admit I am in love with the new G35 coupe.
If I were to get a truck a Lightning would be nice but I am looking more in the way of a Tacoma extended cab 4x4. More practical and looks good.

Drove a 99 540i BMW yesterday and let just say I was impressed with its acceleration from middle of 2nd gear up to middle of 4th gear. WOW!!!

Mach 1
Lightning

OR maybe you should get a "regular" car that ya wont mess with :p

Yugo GT

oh I would not do another Turbo Buick or TTA...seriously!!! they are getting to damm old to be using as an everyday car:cool:

I won't mess with the lightning, I learned my lesson on the LS1. If my TTA gets done I won'y have a desire to mess with the lightning :p

Originally posted by TTA89
I won't mess with the lightning, I learned my lesson on the LS1. If my TTA gets done I won'y have a desire to mess with the lightning :p
:p :p :p :p ;)