Ignition module

T

Turbo Dog

Went to start car today, wouldn't start. Purchased new ignition module at AutoZone ($95 plus tax), installed it and car started right up. I sure am smart from reading TurboBuick.com. Anyway, I had replaced the coil (another AutoZone part) when I got back from Bowling Green a couple of days ago, just as a precaution. Could the new coil have caused the ignition module to go bad? The ignition module was the original. Car has 151,000 miles on it. I also had replaced the crank sensor a month ago, as a precaution. So what will go out next- ECM, cam sensor, or ......?

usually a bad coil with take out a module so it was probly damaged when you put the coil on it..

BTW: i am running a wells module and coil from autozone and it works great i have pushed it up as high as 32# of boost and the ignition was good to go . wells dont have a very good name but mine work fine.

I only replaced the coil as a precaution. There was nothing wrong with it except its age (15) and miles (150k). The ignition module worked fine until I put the new coil on it.