You can type here any text you want

I'm a TRAITOR!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Well Ive been thinking lately that ALOT of the $$'s I'm spending aren't the best investments to go fast. I really wanted to lay down some good stock long block time. I feel if I lived close to a track and had a little more time I could have. The car is strong and does lots of things good. I just needed to go to the track another time or two to work the bugs out and get her dialed in.
Ive decided to "uncork" the motor. I'm going to put a set of ported heads and a ported intake manifold on it. I'm going to be running the stock cam though. I'm also going to a T66 dual ball bearing Q-trim turbo. I'm also planning on messing around again with pump gas and alky. I've had my car in "race mode" for awhile now because I was affraid to put pump gas in it with it not running right. Hopefull there will be no other big changes or $$'s laid out this year. I need to get the car running right so I can drive it and enjoy it more. Then I can concentrate on picking up parts for the stage motor.

Will every one please say a prayer for my crankshaft and main caps! ....Lord give my motor the strength to haul ass and come home in one piece!

Jason

Ahh ha.. I knew it.. repace that POS cam :eek: with something to compliment the heads a little better.

hey tommorrow nite may be the nite.. 60 degree temps, clear.. slicks are going on..

Yep, I agree. Change the cam for the new found airflow. Just the little 210/205 was a big boost in mid range with the stock heads. I like that cam. Plus its very close to stock and wouldn't even know its there :)

Good luck at the track tomorrow. Time is ripe for a 11.2 :D

Dear Lord, we bring Jason's crankshaft and caps before you now and ask for strength. May he break into the 10's soon. Preserve his sanity, Oh Lord.

Amen :)

CAM...

Yes and NO. I know exactly what you guys are saying AND I agree. BUT I have a billet roller cam that I'm planning on putting in my stage motor. I dont really want to spend any money on this stock motor. I can't allow myself to get caught up in the "while I'm doing this I might as well do that" syndrome. I just cant afford that game right now.

We all know the caps should limit my how fast can I go and still have a little safety time slip. I think I'll be able to "push" enough air through the motor to go 10.xx with the stock cam. (to be honest I have no doubts that I could have went 10.x last time out if I wouldnt have f'd up my brakes)

My big concern is RPMS. I wont have OD any more. The switch pitch convertor should show me more mph for the same rpm over the 9" but its still not a lock up. I would hate to be at redline with track left. If I did do a cam I would have increased rpm range but wouldn't that be even harder on the crank and rods.

I kind of want to go with Razors approach: run a little faster and not have to push it as hard to do it. He knows theres a safe limit and hes being carefull not to cross it. If she comes home from kentucky with a 10.xx time slip and a clean bill of health I'll be very happy.

Jason

210/205 cam from reed was 100 bucks, GM lifters from ATR are 70 bucks.. timing chain 25 bucks your there all ready, it will help keep the boost down, and give it that little ooomph.

Just food for thoughts..

Wish me luck tonite.. if these ET streets I have here fit.. 15 PSI no mercy launch.. i'll turn the screws down on the car. Get my EGT's up to 1700's.. it will cook a serious number.

And to get MPH you will need RPM's.. at which the stock cam at 4800-5000 is out of steam.

Dear Lord, we bring Jason's crankshaft and caps before you now and ask for strength. May he break into the 10's soon. Preserve his sanity, Oh Lord.

Sanity?? Whatts that? ;)

210/205 cam from reed was 100 bucks, GM lifters from ATR are 70 bucks.. timing chain 25 bucks

Just food for thoughts..

Food for thought is all I may have if I buy a cam. I might be too broke to actually buy REAL FOOD. I could stand to loose a few pounds but think about the children! Two of my kids are too skinny to begin with. :)

Jason

Back