You can type here any text you want

I'm going to race a 03 cobra this week

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
I work at a pontiac dealer and there is a ford store next door up, got a friend up there who is a salesman also. He will not race the GN so I'm going go at him with a used 2001 Ramair M6 we have on the lot wish me luck I will let you all know the real deal with those cars... The TA is bone stock with 4,200 miles

sounds like a good race, spank him outta the hole cause hes gonna come at you hard on the top end! keep us posted!

Lol

I allways new you car dealer people raced the cars in the lot.

If he can drive it, he'll beat you. If not, then don't worry about it.

P.S. At least take the Air Filter and leave the top of the box open for some extra "Ram Air". :D That right their is an extra 10-20 HP.
:D

Good luck and keep us posted.
:cool:

Yeah, I looked at a brand new silver turbo T back in 87. The salesman tried to tell me all the black stuff behind the back tires was undercoating. I guess they forgot to clean off all the rubber from a "test" drive.

Now that I think about it........

.......alot of car dealers must be racing or tearing up the cars.

Before my dad bought the Monte, we went and test drove an Intrepid. The dealer told us we could floor it and race it all we wanted to during the test drive.

Crazy mofos. :D

I work at a car dealer, and sometimes when we get very busy I am asked to go out on test drives with customers.

I guess im picky, but I HATE being in the car when someone I don't know is driving.

You have to love it when a Customer comes in and looks at a brand new S-Type "R" (SuperCharged), and in the process of the test drive he gets up to 110 in a 45 zone! :eek:

Have fun with your race, and make sure your GM (General Manager) dosen't find out!

Having fun is just about all you are going to do, because that Cobra is going to walk you!:D

Ok the results
#1 we raced about 1/2 mile not a quarter ..
#2 yes car dealer run a few cars hard but so do you !
#how it went
We lined up and went on the go a a friend who flashed her headlights ( not tits) I went from about 3500 and had a near perfect launch as I also own a lt1 M6 TA. sounded good on his end also 1st gear I had a car on him by the end of 2nd I had about 2 cars on him then I don't know what the hell happened at about 90-95 in third he was right next to me and at about 130 when we finished he had a good 2-3 cars ... Thats all I can say i tried but that ford runs well.. he would have no parts of running the GN as he has seen it go low 11's
so you guys with stock cars use caution as I would say 13.0 would be no problem for the cobra.

I had similar results with my mildly modded 97 WS6. I had him until about 85 when he just drove by me. He had me by a couple of lengths at 110. I definatly need perhaps a dry N20 kit good for 75HP just to make sure this doesn't happen again. FWIW, my T/A is good fro mid 13s, so I have to say the Cobra is an easy high 12 sec car.

Looking at the specs of a stock 03 Cobra, 105 to 135 mph seems to be its strong suit. That the 4th gear pull. Car and Driver did 100 to 130 in 8 seconds, a little quicker than a C5 vette.

HMMMM......

..........LS1's have a super top end. I bet that Cobra pulls like a mother 75MPH+ :eek:

I had it in my mind that you'd take him from the go. Sounded like fun. :D

When the LS1 first came out people were raving about how hard it pulled on the top end. Now a lot of us LS1 guys are getting a rude awakening. A friend in my club has run one of the new local Cobras at the street races. The Cobra left early and instead of staying put and going for a restart he gave chase. He gained back a car to about 80, then couldn't run him down any more, and this is on a 12.7 car off the bottle. I have seen video of a Cobra at the track running a 12.90 but trapping 117(!) mph with nothing but a Lightning blower pulley. That's 1 mph faster than my Formula goes on a 100 shot. Once some go-fast parts come out for those cars they are going to be monsters. The independent rear is going to have to go, though.

Peter

Originally posted by gn4u2c
Ok the results
#1 we raced about 1/2 mile not a quarter ..
#2 yes car dealer run a few cars hard but so do you !
#how it went
We lined up and went on the go a a friend who flashed her headlights ( not tits) I went from about 3500 and had a near perfect launch as I also own a lt1 M6 TA. sounded good on his end also 1st gear I had a car on him by the end of 2nd I had about 2 cars on him then I don't know what the hell happened at about 90-95 in third he was right next to me and at about 130 when we finished he had a good 2-3 cars ... Thats all I can say i tried but that ford runs well.. he would have no parts of running the GN as he has seen it go low 11's
so you guys with stock cars use caution as I would say 13.0 would be no problem for the cobra.

I would have shut down at 85 or so while I'm still in front. :D Come on, you're obviously in a slower car once you see him gaining on you. Plus I dout many people street race till 130 mph anyways.

Good race though.

Interesting thread. A buddy of mine had a 96 Cobra that I helped do a few tweaks on. Stock they came with 3.27 gears. It was so pitiful since it would actually lug in 5th gear until about 90mph. Down low it was a dog. An 86-93 5.0 would trounce it up to 60.
A set of 4.30's made it come alive. It was like a totally different animal and cruising in 5th gear was very pleasurable. I thought the 4.30's were better suited since the thing wanted to rev.
I think the new Cobra's come with 3.55's. I am sure that a set of 4.10's would wake it up on the bottom. I guess only time will tell.
Sounds like you had a great race though.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
I would have shut down at 85 or so while I'm still in front. :D Come on, you're obviously in a slower car once you see him gaining on you. Plus I dout many people street race till 130 mph anyways.

Good race though.

Turbojorge is right who goes 130mph light to light on the street?

I've already ate I mean raced one of these Stangs on the street, I shut it down at about 90mph and he was 5-6 car lenghts back!

And the other one I saw on the street wanted no part of me.
Enough said. :rolleyes:

i ran 2003 cobra

i ran a 2003 cobra 1/8 mile in my t type i was on slicks and all i have done is exhaust and 18 lb chip ,109 fuel,and fuel pump and k&n. it went like this on the street with a guy starting ,at the street races here in fort worth.i left with about 4 pounds of boost got out on him about 3 cars and held him pretty good till top of 2nd and he was really coming .thank goodness we were runnig a 1/8 mile,because he had about 5 to 8 mph on me but i got the win.i just bought my buick and billy duke here in fort worth has just started helping me. i come from the old school i also have a 63 plymouth with a 440 in it that runs 7.00 in the 1/8 straight motor. but i love the buick

Back