You can type here any text you want

I'm officially a Powermaster abuser!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

I recall one of the guys around here who supports the Powermaster system saying something along the lines of "maybe these systems would last longer if you guys didn't run your brake fluid until it looks like coffee". Well, looks like my car takes its coffee black. :eek:

DSC02027.jpg

What's a good Powermaster selling for these days? I am going to sell mine and do the conversion.......

Probably around $100 to a buyer who wants to keep their car stock and needs to replace the Powermaster. Just about everyone is doing conversions these days. I plan on changing it soon, just can never make up my mind on what to change to, manual/vacuum/hydroboost.

I recall one of the guys around here who supports the Powermaster system saying something along the lines of "maybe these systems would last longer if you guys didn't run your brake fluid until it looks like coffee". Well, looks like my car takes its coffee black. :eek:

DSC02027.jpg

Easy fix.

Get a turkey baster and suck out that old fluid into a bottle- BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL TO NOT DAMAGE YOUR PAINT.
Fill with some new brake fluid.
You will also have to cycle the accumulator and then bleed the master cylinder and the bleed the wheel cylinders.

Then time check the time the red dash brake light goes off several times and also cycle the accumulator.
Also check the 30 amp brake fuse.

This PM requires alot of effort. I am seriously thinking of eventually converting to Hydroboost and then after it's installed all that you have to do is just change the brake fluid and power sterring fluid once a year.

Frank

Yeah I know how to change the fluid, just thought it would be funny to share the picture. Two summers back when I first got the car, the first stop was to the dealership to get all the fluids changed. That brake fluid doesn't look 2 years old, but if there's enough gunk in the system it won't take the new fluid long to turn dark either. I've done brake flushes on older cars before and after one full bottle of brake fluid there was hardly an improvement.

If I keep the Powermaster another year I will definitely get new fluid in there. I'd like a hydroboost system but can't really afford it right now. Might go with vacuum even though it seems like a 50/50 shot between guys who like it and guys who hate it.

To get the brake fluid crystal clear, you have to flush it probably 2-3 times. I have read that it also helps to vacuum bleed the wheel cylinders instead of gravity bleeding. Vacuum bleeding will clear the brake lines of any contaminents.

Frank

Rarely do I see someone admitting thier guilt.
I guess you are ashamed.
:p

Don't feel bad, mine isn't in the best shape right now either.
Mine's looking kind of cloudy.
I'm due for many an item on my repair/update list.
I'm beginning to think it may be easier to just take the car apart and start over!

Back