You can type here any text you want

I'm proud like a new papa...my first kill!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackoutDrunk

Spring Loaded Idiot
Just last week I purchased my new (new to me) 1986 GN :cool: . TE44 turbo, a precision front mount intercooler, ANS boost control, Walbro pump, 3 inch downpipe and other goodies.

So I finally had a chance to drive my car because since I bought it last Friday it's been raining (here in Chicago).

I went to a side job tonight and on my way home I was driving lightly through traffic when I see a corvette (C5) fly up on my tail. I let him get in front of me and followed him when he turned. I pulled up next to him and he rolled down his window and asked if I wanted to run for money. I told him that I just got the car and wanted to find out where it is but it just so happened I had 20 bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

We went to a fairly isolated road and went from a dig...I jumped four cars on him and stayed there, I started to get off it at 75 and let him catch up. He then wanted to see how he would do from a 40 mph roll. We lined up and I let him jump. He jumped a car then my boost hit and I passed him at 80 I think (I was more interested in keeping my eye on the road). I let him catch up again he congratulated me and told me to follow him around the corner to the gas station. He gave me the 20 bucks told me I had nice car and off he went.

Money won is much sweeter than money earned!:D

See if he has any friends with more money who may want some!!! Nice kill!!!:cool:

Man .... my car just sucks... I hope it can run like that someday...
Good kill C5's are pretty quick cars !

87GN...Stock Turbo & IC, JC-street chip, K&N Filter, Adjustable WG...Fuel pump kit and Regulator. ( SLOW... :(

dude your car will get there if it's not already. I haven't had my car for very long but one thing I know already...They are a work of art in a state of constant improvement. The guy who had my car before me poured a lot of money in it and I'm already finding things I want to do.

I hope so... I purchased mine from a guy that was more into show than go I think.... It has a few mods... runs decent for a 87... but I think my pick-up could give it a good run right now... a vette would blow my doors so far in the weeds Id never find them....LOL.

I hope its not a money pit just to get mid 12's that is really quick enough for me I think.

Thanks

sorry not meaning to hijack your thread.

87GN...Stock Turbo & IC, JC-street chip, K&N Filter, Adjustable WG...Fuel pump kit and Regulator. ( SLOW...

don't worry about hijacking the thread that's what it's here for...to talk. I think these cars can be money pits but you can lessen the blow by doing some stuff yourself if your not a wrench. I'm not a wrench at all but I know there will be some stuff I can handle and some I can't. I also know there are plenty of cool people around who love these cars as much/more than I do and are very helpful. I'll be posting and asking questions (quite a lot of dumb ones too) and eventually, someday, maybe my car will be exactly where I want it to be motor-wise! By then it will need to be painted!;)

Don't worry about how fast your car is, enjoy it, drive and mod it when you can. Hell I just read that in 09 Cadillac is going to put out a 600HP car, with stuff like that on the road in a few years turbo buicks will be considered granny cars again (until we start doing the turbo 6.0 liter swaps):D .

Man, I can't wait until I get my car man. That sounds nice! Woulda' been something else if you had put up more. (Say, $300? :D )

Yeah I'm not a money racer. I just drive for fun. Maybe after I learn the car and learn to better spot the suckers I might be inclined to put up more.;)

Yeah, I suppose I understand where your coming from.

Next time milk those cows for all they're worth!

Just last week I purchased my new (new to me) 1986 GN :cool: . TE44 turbo, a precision front mount intercooler, ANS boost control, Walbro pump, 3 inch downpipe and other goodies.

So I finally had a chance to drive my car because since I bought it last Friday it's been raining (here in Chicago).

I went to a side job tonight and on my way home I was driving lightly through traffic when I see a corvette (C5) fly up on my tail. I let him get in front of me and followed him when he turned. I pulled up next to him and he rolled down his window and asked if I wanted to run for money. I told him that I just got the car and wanted to find out where it is but it just so happened I had 20 bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

We went to a fairly isolated road and went from a dig...I jumped four cars on him and stayed there, I started to get off it at 75 and let him catch up. He then wanted to see how he would do from a 40 mph roll. We lined up and I let him jump. He jumped a car then my boost hit and I passed him at 80 I think (I was more interested in keeping my eye on the road). I let him catch up again he congratulated me and told me to follow him around the corner to the gas station. He gave me the 20 bucks told me I had nice car and off he went.

Money won is much sweeter than money earned!:D

Thats cool. So did the previous owner of yor GN take it to the track to see the what 1/4 mile time are? Just asking because i know you said it was new to so i figured you had made it by there yet. Know you Hp/Tq? Gotta be good to dust off a C5 huh? Sorry i'm prior stang owner so i wouldn't know what it was like to get hold of a vette. LOL

I believe the hp was around 450 and torque 480. Thats what was on some dyno slips from ANS. I can't verify the numbers as I wasn't there and I also don't know the test conditions i.e. type of dyno, weather conditions, stuff like that.

The old owner told me he took it to the track once and I believe he ran 12.70's and I'm not sure the MPH, once I again I don't know what kind of day it was or anything like that. I also forgot to mention in my post that I have Mickey Thompson Street ET's on the back right now and that thing grabs like hell out of the hole.:D

I believe the hp was around 450 and torque 480. Thats what was on some dyno slips from ANS. I can't verify the numbers as I wasn't there and I also don't know the test conditions i.e. type of dyno, weather conditions, stuff like that.

The old owner told me he took it to the track once and I believe he ran 12.70's and I'm not sure the MPH, once I again I don't know what kind of day it was or anything like that. I also forgot to mention in my post that I have Mickey Thompson Street ET's on the back right now and that thing grabs like hell out of the hole.:D

Thats cool man i can't wait to get a GN.

You got 450HP and 480 Torque?

*Heart attack*

You must tell me your upgrades!!!

I don't even know all my upgrades. Check my sig for what I have found so far.

Like I said a couple of posts ago, I got those numbers from some dyno slips the previous owner gave me. He said he had ANS tune and dyno it and thats what they got. The numbers didn't seem right to me cause from what I can tell (just by reading posts on this board) Turbo buicks usually have higher torque and lower HP. The numbers I have seem a bit too close. Can anyone with a better understanding help out with this? Do my numbers seem off?

I'm not trying to impress anyone, just reporting what I have found. I know that the previous owner wanted the car to have the best if he did an upgrade. I've had the car exactly one week as of Friday and still need to learn as much as I can.

I also know that kicking Corvette butt was fun as hell and I tore up the side wall on one of my Mickey Thompsons a little bit from the launch. I saw that today when I had the car out to clean it up.:eek: guess I need an airbag!

I'm finding out that my turbo might not be a 44 I might have to take the housing off and measure the blades to verify. I don't think I want to do that though.

I'm finding out that my turbo might not be a 44 I might have to take the housing off and measure the blades to verify. I don't think I want to do that though.

Usually right at the bottom of the outlet it will be stamped.
Try using a small mirror to look underneath.

Gona try and make the Lemont car club cruise tonight? You in? 159th & Bell rd

Back