You can type here any text you want

IMPORTANT: 2003 West Coast Nationals attendees inside

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fuzzyGN

I am looking for anyone who attended the West Coast Nationals this year in Vegas and stayed at the Silverton Hotel. I was wondering if any of you have recently had fraudulent charges made on your credit cards that were used to secure their rooms. I still have my card but someone has made a duplicate to charge with. The only way dup can be made is if someone physically touches (scans) the card. The last time I used my card was in Las Vegas at the Silverton. There may be no connection but since I already have an investigation open I thought I would check. Thanks for any info.

WE stayed at the Silverton but I have not had any problems with my credit card yet. Thanks for the tip I will be watching to make sure I don't get any fraudulent charges.

REG

I'm really sorry to hear about that. You're not being held accountable for any of the charges, are you?

No. Fortunatly they (CC company) caught the charge right away. It was for a big purchase in a far away state. It was flagged because the card didn't swipe correctly. The perps (I love using that word) tried to use it again but the CC company had already shut the card down. No harm to me but the CC company got stuck with the first purchase because the vendor actually had an imprint of the card. Again, great service from my CC company, Fleet and I recommend them for that very reason. This is the second time they put a "hold" on the account almost immediately. Once was me though while Iwas on travel. One company I would NOT recommend is Citi. Won't get into that here though.

I stood at the Silverton too and I have not had any problems with my cc ....thanks for the heads up on your cc problem , I;ll be watching mine.

Jesse

PS
The Silverton was a great hotel and Iam looking forward to staying and hanging out there next year :D :)

I stayed there too, the Silverton

But Jack Evers had it in his name and if the person committing this act saw the incredable size of his hands, they wouldn't be a messin with Jack's "Boyz" so to speak LOLOLOLOL

On a serious note I paid with a Amex gold buisness and it charged and I paid it and that was it. Nothing else. In fact for 4 days for 98.00 I thought it a bargain. But, if someone is doin you wrong, maybe one of the Vegas members could go and confront them about it. John or Len would be glad to if you have the proof I bet. Then again, could it have just been a simple double billing by mistake or did they buy other things elsewhere?
All else fails, call CC company and contest the charges. Done. They investigate..
Anyway if I or anyone of else can help ya out just holler... LOUD (Some of the "old men" are becoming a little deaf...;) )

:D
Bruce
WE4
TB.com admin

Sorry to get off topic here, but what's the weather like down by you, Erik? We're freezing up here by Moriarty!!

Well, today we only got up to the mid 50's but Sat. was almost 70! We will however be in your neck of the woods tomorrow evening for the holidays. Should I bring my heavy jacket?

Originally posted by fuzzyGN
Well, today we only got up to the mid 50's but Sat. was almost 70! We will however be in your neck of the woods tomorrow evening for the holidays. Should I bring my heavy jacket?
It fluctuates so much that it's hard to say, but you had better keep one handy! We got snow yesterday, but you'll probably be in ABQ, so it's a little different. I went to T or C a while back and I couldn't believe how warm it was...... the Buick's begging me to move down there.

Back