You can type here any text you want

IN NEED OF TUNE UP...turbo buick mechanics in Chicagoland area????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

spoolinV6

Looking for any good suggestions on mechanics that specialize or at least know what they're doing on these cars in the Chicagoland/Southern Wisconsin area.

Car is now 20 years old and just doesnt seem to have the power it once had. I plan on replacing the stock cat and going to a 3" downpipe to let it breathe a bit better. (Stock cat is probably clogged after all these years).

I'm just looking for a mechanic who can take a look at the car and diagnose/tune it.

Brian

BTW, car isnt stock just havent had time to list all the mods.

Thanks for the link it helped out quite a bit. If you can suggest any more that would be great. I just want to spread out my options as far as mechanics go.

no problem glad to help...I am new to GN's and am in the Chicago area so I keep track of this stuff when I see it. In case I ever need to have something done to my car. If I come across anything else I'll send it to ya.

northeast suburbs....Gurnee specifcally (about an hour north of Chicago), i heard a lot of people recommending Pro Trac Turbo in Joliet but i just wanted to see who else is out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

northeast suburbs....Gurnee specifcally (about an hour north of Chicago), i heard a lot of people recommending Pro Trac Turbo in Joliet but i just wanted to see who else is out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brian, are you willing to wrench on it with others help or you just want to drop it off and just get it done?

Prasad

I've had Dennis (Pro Trac) work on my car before, would have him do it again... He really knows these cars. :cool:

I would much rather drop off the car and have someone take a look at it...in that case i think Pro Trac is the way to go. Thanks for the replys.

Hi Brian
Here is a guy on the north side of Chicago that you might consider:

A Alert Auto Service
3632 W Fullerton Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 384-9000 or E-mail fastcts@hotmail.com

YouTube - CTS BUICK V6 TURBO 750 HP Video Tour www.GSNationals.com
If this is an indication of assembly skills and tuning ability, these guys know what they are doing. This thing easily does mid 11s

Tom Osec goes by fastcts-b on Turbobuick(no S).com and radallic on Turbobuicks.com

Thanks for the reply, another good option for me to consider. Has anyone tried ASSC Racing in Lake Bluff for their turbo buicks?

Back