In-tank Pump E85 question

I also have a 6 AN return stock feed as well as a flex fuel sensor.
That must be the difference then or I have a clog in my stock filter or the Saginaw fitting might be the bad area..either way it's all coming out for a RT complete system, and never look back on fuel supply again.

That must be the difference then or I have a clog in my stock filter or the Saginaw fitting might be the bad area..either way it's all coming out for a RT complete system, and never look back on fuel supply again.

Its not on the return side.. That would lower your DC.. You must have a supply issue

Looks like won't figure it out because it's all coming out and all new back in..I'm not one to gamble when it comes to fuel supply..do it once and be done..could be my pumps are getting weak, which has happened in the past.

And I need to call Steve at Full Throttle Speed because they said no way it would support 750 rwhp on E85 with twin 255's on a all stock fuel system..maybe they don't know what they are talking about and just want to sell stuff that people really don't need.

And I need to call Steve at Full Throttle Speed because they said no way it would support 750 rwhp on E85 with twin 255's on a all stock fuel system..maybe they don't know what they are talking about and just want to sell stuff that people really don't need.

Ive seen 1 single dw300 make 608 at the tires ... The Walblow 255's i dunno as i wouldnt trust those pumps on my scooter... But at 2x255 they have to flow more ( even by a small margin) more than a single 300.

I highly doubt Steve has pushed a car hard enough to tell you the true limitations of the stock fuel lines or even twin 255's .. So you need to take that into consideration when you ask for consultation .. Certainly isnt the first time ive heard bogus info about E85 related fueling

I've always went by .42 times the Hp at the wheels will give you a good value as to what LPH you need to support a giving combo, plus add 30% more for the E85. So in essence a single DW300 should support a 600 hp car..how long is up for debate being a pump loses efficiency every year under uses in E85. I guess I would lean on the side of being safe. It's about the same as running twin DW300's as the RT340's in order to run safely into the 700 plus HP range...thanks for all the info, it's nice to see others have done what most say is not possible.

I've always went by .42 times the Hp at the wheels will give you a good value as to what LPH you need to support a giving combo, plus add 30% more for the E85. So in essence a single DW300 should support a 600 hp car..how long is up for debate being a pump loses efficiency every year under uses in E85. I guess I would lean on the side of being safe. It's about the same as running twin DW300's as the RT340's in order to run safely into the 700 plus HP range...thanks for all the info, it's nice to see others have done what most say is not possible.

And its nice that not everyone needs 70's , front mounts, alum GN1's, cams, girdled 109's to run 10's :)

I don't trust Steve for an opinion on fuel pumps or anything. Just give me a price. Lol. I talked to Racetronix directly and they said safely 700 to the crank on the 510 on e85. 900 on gas. I am going to be at that limit. My next step is twin 340s or external.
But for this summer the boost will be turned down and it will be a summer project.

I'm thinking about going E85 on my car. My car already has the Red Armstrong dual pumps on it. My question is if I upgrade all my lines with the Racetronixs line kit will the Red Armstong Pumps work? I think I may replace the pumps and hose on pumps since they have been in the car for a long time. Any other items need to be replaced ? Thanks.

Man, look into Jegs Proflo 200 lines, they're cheap, or look at anfittingdirect.com they have some helllla cheap PTFE lines. You can replace your whole fuel system/lines for just a few hundred bucks if you know where to look.

Looks like won't figure it out because it's all coming out and all new back in..I'm not one to gamble when it comes to fuel supply..do it once and be done..could be my pumps are getting weak, which has happened in the past.

I now run twin 301DW pumps running both at the same time. I use RT teflon lines, just because at the time Nick didnt have lines as well. Not taking anything away from RT line sets, they are very nice. I consulted a couple people about running both pumps at the same time and all agree on E85 running both pumps with my setup is very safe and gives plenty of power and capability. I have absolutely no high pressure issues on return so that tells me that the return line restrictions are non existent. We will find out on the 29th when I get my visit on the dyno with Cal Hartline and Brian Lorenz in Northern Oh what it is capable of. I dont care to push it too hard, I dont need to measure to know what it is capable of. I just dont like losing at stop lights :)

I think like you, don't skimp, give her alot of fuel, and if it has no over pressure on the return let her flow A PLENTY!

Man, look into Jegs Proflo 200 lines, they're cheap, or look at anfittingdirect.com they have some helllla cheap PTFE lines. You can replace your whole fuel system/lines for just a few hundred bucks if you know where to look.
cheap fuel lines with restrictions in large HP engines will get you in alot of trouble. At least RT took the time to machine fittings out in their kit to insure no feed or return issues. Saving a couple hundred bucks on a 15$k build is peanuts if you ask me.

I have learned all too well. Feed that blessed thing alot of fuel, spark and air.. Oh...and then get it tuned.

cheap fuel lines with restrictions in large HP engines will get you in alot of trouble. At least RT took the time to machine fittings out in their kit to insure no feed or return issues. Saving a couple hundred bucks on a 15$k build is peanuts if you ask me.

I have learned all too well. Feed that blessed thing alot of fuel, spark and air.. Oh...and then get it tuned.

Using the word "cheap" instead of "inexpensive" can be very misleading. I am simply trying to emphasize that there are other alternatives to fuel lines that may not cost as much.

you're talking to a guy who is running a Weldon 2345A....believe me, I respect the fact that the fuel system is an incredibly vital role in the car. I believe I always stress-to those who ask me-to never skimp on the fuel lines and to purchase something that works correctly, not something that barely works.

With that said, there is nothing wrong using an alternative company as long as you look at things like the ID of their lines (how much is actually going to flow through there) or what the ID of their fittings are. These are important questions that everyone should ask every company.

Well I just installed the RT fuel line kit and I can say it's very nice, but was not as easy as some would think to install. The lines are longer then I had expected and with no tech support from them on TB they said you pretty much do it yourself and figure it all out to what you feel is best. Your best bet is to run both feed and return down the driver side and reuse the factory filter hangar but relocate it to the bottom of the car on the cross support..I will post pictures of the location. Upfront I was able to run the feed right up the front behind the turbo and water pump..worked perfect and cleared everything. The return I ran back across the manifold to the fire wall and down the driverside...nice and clean and easy way...Oh plan on lots of zip ties..lol

Well I just installed the RT fuel line kit and I can say it's very nice, but was not as easy as some would think to install. The lines are longer then I had expected and with no tech support from them on TB they said you pretty much do it yourself and figure it all out to what you feel is best. Your best bet is to run both feed and return down the driver side and reuse the factory filter hangar but relocate it to the bottom of the car on the cross support..I will post pictures of the location. Upfront I was able to run the feed right up the front behind the turbo and water pump..worked perfect and cleared everything. The return I ran back across the manifold to the fire wall and down the driverside...nice and clean and easy way...Oh plan on lots of zip ties..lol
Man I would like to see how you were able to get the return line faced toward the firewall, I could not get the fitting clearanced enough to go towards the firewall. You will appreciate the lineset if you want to run dual pumps at the same time without a hobbs switch, I have no over pressure at all. I did the same with the filter, I was able to secure it to the bottom seat floor board brace. I liked this spot. It also makes for super easy filter changes

Man I would like to see how you were able to get the return line faced toward the firewall, I could not get the fitting clearanced enough to go towards the firewall. You will appreciate the lineset if you want to run dual pumps at the same time without a hobbs switch, I have no over pressure at all. I did the same with the filter, I was able to secure it to the bottom seat floor board brace. I liked this spot. It also makes for super easy filter changes

Depending on your fuel lines, you may want to try this fitting from Earl's : http://www.jegs.com/i/Earls/361/840106/10002/-1 it is a hose end for a -6, but instead of it being a female end piece, it is a male end piece so you can fasten it directly to the fuel rails, and save yourself the thickness of 1 less fitting to put in.

Hope this helps!

Also- happy to hear onefastgn got his stuff in! Congrats man!

Single 300 DW with all new 8an feed and 6an return and all is good for my use. Filters at tank and fuel rail............nothing but E-85 for over a year in Florida.................

Attachments

• IMG_20160810_213420432.jpg
    IMG_20160810_213420432.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20160810_213439091.jpg
    IMG_20160810_213439091.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20160810_213404380.jpg
    IMG_20160810_213404380.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 128
I had no problem feeding it down from the top and went over to the driver side to attach it to the RT wire kit they send with the new double pumps. And yes I left the stock lines..I just caped them for the time being, I may remove them at a later date.
I also removed the FPR and hooked that up and then reinstalled it...way easier that way with the line already attached.