You can type here any text you want

Indiana residents, do they use the toll booths to calculate speed?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Got a question, heard a rumor that because through indiana they use those tickets that you get at the toll booth, and when you pay your toll, calculate your speed by the time it took you to get there. I am taking a trip to Pennsylvania next week and will be on a straight shot on I-80 and I usually do a minimum 85 on the highways to cut time. Can I avoid this or do the toll booths make my Valentine 1 useless?

Years ago Oklahoma did this( and still may ). I used to go end to end on the turnpike so I just " lost my ticket ". They said they charge end to end prices for those that lose their tickets. No problem... I went end to end anyway. My .02

Years ago Oklahoma did this( and still may ). I used to go end to end on the turnpike so I just " lost my ticket ". They said they charge end to end prices for those that lose their tickets. No problem... I went end to end anyway. My .02

You my friend are a smart cookie:D Looks like I will be losing a few.:biggrin:

Ya, it just blew out the window.:D

Oklahoma did it as far back whem I was in the service on the H E Baily turnpike. As soon as I paid the toll the State Police pulled me over and said I was Speeding and explained it to me. Lucky for me he just wrote me a warning ticket But this was back in the early 1980's:eek: . I had my orders with me to report to Ft. Sill in Lawton Ok. in the AM. So I am paranoid about distance/time monitoring by states that use electronic tolls. And have time stamps on tickets.

Steve

Oklahoma did it as far back whem I was in the service on the H E Baily turnpike. As soon as I paid the toll the State Police pulled me over and said I was Speeding and explained it to me. Lucky for me he just wrote me a warning ticket But this was back in the early 1980's:eek: . I had my orders with me to report to Ft. Sill in Lawton Ok. in the AM. So I am paranoid about distance/time monitoring by states that use electronic tolls. And have time stamps on tickets.

Steve

Same time period as I was mentioning. I was working on an oil rig in Woodward OK from 1980-1982 and made frequent trips back to St Louis.

Back