Indianapolis performance shops / mechanics ??

Bill16

Hey everyone, I recently inherited a '87 GN 3.8L and am looking to get some help fixing it up in the Indy / Avon area. The car is in pretty good shape with some basic bolt-ons, but hasn't been started or driven in several years. Would anyone be able to help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Welcome to the Dark side. I don't know of any TR mechanics in the Indy area. I've only lived here about a year and haven't seen another TR besides my own. There are several things that you can probably do yourself. 1st thing you want to do is read read read and when you are done, read some more. The search feature on this site can answer most questions. I recommend doing a "Spring Cleaning" before starting her up, Go to http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html to get started. gnttype.org is a great place to read and learn about these cars. Maybe some of the Guru's will chime in. Let me know if I can help you out.

Eddy

Thanks so much for the great advice and link for the "spring cleaning" Eddie. I'm excited about the project but have also been a bit lost of where to begin. This helps a lot and will definitely be added to my list of reading.