You can type here any text you want

Infinite Baffle subs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

olds443

I have a pair of Diamonds that Diamond says would be a good match for an infinite baffle mounting. I am thinking about giving it a try with the subs firing into the rear speaker holes and sealing this area off from the trunk completely.

Has anyone had any luck with infinite baffle setups?
How did you like the sound compared to a sealed box?
Last one I did was over 16 years ago. Sounded fine with the trunk closed of course.

I have a pair of Diamonds that Diamond says would be a good match for an infinite baffle mounting. I am thinking about giving it a try with the subs firing into the rear speaker holes and sealing this area off from the trunk completely.

Has anyone had any luck with infinite baffle setups?
How did you like the sound compared to a sealed box?
Last one I did was over 16 years ago. Sounded fine with the trunk closed of course.

I have done many systems with infinite baffle (trunk load) subwoofers systems. The bass is adequate but can't beat the bass response over a enclosure. I did systems with 2 12's up to 2 18" on the g-bodys but at that time I used cerwin vega and punch woofers. And yes that was over 15 years ago.

Though can't beat the trunk space don't have to worry about a box taking up space in the trunk.

I've done a few. But, like TURBOV6 says, ya can't beat the sound of an enclosure. Have you thought about doing an AP (aperiodic) enclosure?
John

I have heard of aperiodic but don't know much about how to build or where to get the matt.
The last one I did was a 12" Nakamichi in a bandpass. It had a pretty nice / smooth sound. Usually I just do sealed, which is probably what I will do here.

Back