Info about TA headers

Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback about TA headers?

Do a search. This has been covered LOTS of times and hotly debated. "TA" is too short of a string so try "Nick Micale Headers" or "g-body headers", etc.

Jim

most of the reviews of the TA headers have been overwhelmingly positive.

IIRC:

1) there seem sto be a minor interference problem on the bolt of one of the V-band clamps -- people have been bending this bolt to make it fit.

2) I think it was the TA headers -- one buyer's headers had some really atrocious weld quality where tubes attached to flange. I'm pretty sure it was replaced (by Nick Micale??), but it was disappointing to learn of that problem on nearly $1000 headers ...

I don't have these headers but I'm thinking of it ... the above comments are to the best of my recollection .

As Jim said, do a search for more info.

you cant go wrong with the TA headers they are by far the best set on the market. Give Nick a Call and he will set you up. Index

you cant go wrong with the TA headers they are by far the best set on the market. Give Nick a Call and he will set you up. Index

i second this. the 4 bolts i have are awesome. i priced material and making my own but i decided to go with the TA's to save time. Stainless is not cheap. Bob

I got one of the first sets

Had them on for 2 years now--no problems--seems as though the top 3 bolt flange was off somewhat but since I was fab a new DP it did not effect me. IMO they are the best.

just got a set fit and finish is awesome great crafsmanship in a time where u dont see it anymore

I own a set. Very happy with them. Just get felpro gaskets to go with them.

1) there seem sto be a minor interference problem on the bolt of one of the V-band clamps -- people have been bending this bolt to make it fit.

2) I think it was the TA headers -- one buyer's headers had some really atrocious weld quality where tubes attached to flange. I'm pretty sure it was replaced (by Nick Micale??), but it was disappointing to learn of that problem on nearly $1000 headers ...

Sorry Tom, that info is not accurate.

There is no interference with the clamp rod. It should be slightly bent by the customer to make assembly easier when doing the install for the first time.

As far as the "atrocious weld quality", this was not the case. The port openings are larger than stock, and the customer did not want to use header gaskets.

We examine all our headers before shipping for proper quality assurance as you will see when you get yours!:D

For the record, I love mine. I responded the way I did because the topic has been beaten to death.

Mine did not seal with the gaskets that came with the headers - get FelPros for stock heads if you have stock heads.

As far as the clamp goes, it just needs bent so you can get the nut started. As Nick alludes to, once installed they come apart and go back together easily (once the bands 'stretch'). Bending them during the first installation doesn't hurt anything and makes life a lot easier.

I have a pic here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...6-ta-headers-installed.html?highlight=headers

Jim